Jestersix

Free LED Coral Flashlight

I have 3 led flashlight that I modified to have CREE royal blue LED (after seeing Enderturtle's flashlight during the rock flower anemone meet). These can be used to look at coral during daylight. These are for people who are attaining the the regional swap frag, so PM me if you're interested.

Disclaimer: I am not an electrician so if the flashlight feels hot to touch, turn it off [shouldn't be an issue :p].
Disclaimer: Does NOT come with batteries.

Technical detail:
Batteries: 3 AAA
Modes: high, low, CORAL DANCE PARTY (strobe)
LED: CREE Royal Blue 450-452nm XP-E
Size: Mini (4" length, 1.1" diameter)
Other: zoom feature, water resistant

I would like one too could pick up at the frag swap...let me know?

Thanks for doing this by no means are you held responsible for the DIY...:cool:

(Are you sure you don't want anything for this...I wouldn't mind giving you something!!!)

All 3 are gone [nav, baykes, jonmos] :).

jonmos, I'm sure I don't want anything :). I've been given enough free stuff from the club as it is and just wanted to give something back.

jonmos, I'm sure I don't want anything :). I've been given enough free stuff from the club as it is and just wanted to give something back.

That's very generous and much appreciated by the lucky ones to receive this gift from you plus the other BAR members too have somone that does this type of stuff....There are others that do this stuff as well just wanted it to be known that this is why you and the others that do this type of stuff make this the BEST Club ever!!!

I was actually going to ask this question, if we could bring some sort of light to look at the corals at the swap to get an idea of their coloration. Any idea where to pick up a portable light like this for the upcoming swap? Thanks!

It's fairly easy to modify the flashlight if you have a glue gun and a soldering iron, helping hands, etc. However, I don't think it's a huge benefit in terms of saving money if you're only doing 1. The biggest benefit, I think, is the fact that it uses AAA batteries instead of Lithium batteries.
Feel free to borrow mine when I'm not using it during the frag swap.

It's fairly easy to modify the flashlight if you have a glue gun and a soldering iron, helping hands, etc. However, I don't think it's a huge benefit in terms of saving money if you're only doing 1. The biggest benefit, I think, is the fact that it uses AAA batteries instead of Lithium batteries.
Feel free to borrow mine when I'm not using it during the frag swap.
Thank you for the offer Seaslugteam, I just may take you up on this, if it works out that we aren't in the same picking group, as I haven't been able to buy a flashlight for this swap. Man, I'm getting so jazzed for Saturday!

@Seaslugteam it was great meeting you and your wife today! A huge thank you for allowing me to borrow your flashlight during the swap rounds! Worked great and really helpful! I will definitely be picking up one for any future swap!

Back