Cali Kid Corals

Free LED Coral Flashlight

I'm happy people liked the lights and were sharing it. Depending on when the next member only swap, I'll probably make another batch of 4.

@Enderturtle, sorry to hear that. If I end up making another batch, you'll be the first to receive one.
@Ashalye, thanks for the offer. I guess if we get enough interest, we can probably make a larger batch of lights if people are willing to chip in. I guess it'll be sometime away so I don't have to worry about it now.

I'm happy people liked the lights and were sharing it. Depending on when the next member only swap, I'll probably make another batch of 4.

@Enderturtle, sorry to hear that. If I end up making another batch, you'll be the first to receive one.
@Ashalye, thanks for the offer. I guess if we get enough interest, we can probably make a larger batch of lights if people are willing to chip in. I guess it'll be sometime away so I don't have to worry about it now.

@Seaslugteam any chance you can show me how to make one or even the steps on making one. Or even a diy video would be cool.

I'm interested in where you got the LEDs and how you figured out which ones you needed. Mom just picked up another pack of regular flash lights from Costco which got me thinking about turning one into a coral light if I could figure out where and which led to order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a flashlight now so I can't create a video/pictures for it. The process largely depends on the flashlight that you got/purchased. You need to somehow open it to access the wires/led unit. This step depends on the unit that you have.

The led is just your average 'blue' coral led. Any led between 450nm - 460nm would work. The ones that I used were Cree XLamp XT-E 1W-5W Royal Blue off amazon. I think there are cheaper ones in the 450-460nm range. The thing to note is that you have to make sure that the led in the flashlight is the same hex style led unit with a single diode in the middle. The batteries in the flashlight holder should also have enough voltage (around 3.5V).
See: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4S37TG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

After you gain access to the internal wiring of the flashlight. Take your soldering iron and solder wick and release the led from the wires. At this point, it's just a matter of soldering the new blue led into the wires and putting the entire unit back in place. You have to be careful and the + wire and the - are connected to the correct terminal of the new led unit, otherwise I think it will burn the led unit.

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos/videos. I'll definitely do that next time.

Back