Reef nutrition

Free older oceanic 120g (modified)

Checking for interest in my old tank. It will be ready in ~1.5 weeks as it's currently plumbed together with the new tank to make the transition over as smooth as possible for the animals.

Tank is an oceanic rr 120g, but I cut out the overflows, notched the back panel, added an external box, covered the back wall with abs plastic and used the old overflow holes for a closed loop.

Pics of glass work are in my tank journal.

Tank has quite a few minor cleaning scratches on the front panel, including one inch long scratch on the outside. Silicone is still solid, but ragged from cleaning, it was like that when I bought it. It's by no means perfect, but it would be free.

It's still clean enough to be a budget display tank.

Any interest?

Whoa slow down, don't all jump on it at once! :eek:

To further add to the negatives lost this tank has no center brace, it was cut out. Thought I'd mention that.

Looks like I'll be cutting it up for scrap glass.

hehehehe, ouch. I'd be on top of it if it wasn't for the fact I have too much tank already. In fact downgrading to a glass tank would be awesome, hell I think I have a 6' pane and a 5' pane of glass somewhere in my basement, could chop it up and make the ultimate glass aquarium!

lol be careful what you say about the wife!

She might shut down all reef related activities!

I'm just glad my girlfriend likes the hobby and has her own tank.

My tanks are downstairs, right next to the laundry room, and as long as I don't incur on her territory (i.e. putting cups and stuff on top of the laundry machine, she lets me do what I want to do. That said she's already upset that I clean my protein skimmer and everything else in the sink/laundry overflow basin... I swear I could scrub that thing clean as they day I bought it, and she still won't use it to soak stuff in.

everytime my wife buys another pair of shoes, I go to the LFS.
50/50 agreement. (At least in my eyes).
She doesn't always see it the same.

Offer expired.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 278
Back