Free Roses - 5 available

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by bareefers, Jan 16, 2006.

1. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Just sent you a pm
    One more just move onto the glass.

After all that I just have two left. My clown isnt to happy now he only has two homes left :cry:

But my tank looks better with only 2 roses now :D

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

If anymore split on yah, I'd love to take one off your hands :D

3. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Hey Tony,

Since his picture didn't come through, I thought I'd let you know that mine is doing really well. He (she?) says hello!

[​IMG]

Thanks!
    Greg

4. gsengel

gsengel Guest

...oops, my BAR membership is now official, but somehow I ended up as a guest above. Greg.

5. bareefers

bareefers BOD

if you have any more that split i'd love to drive down and get one too.. i really like the RBTA look compared to the other anemones and think my clowns would like something to host in. i'm waiting for my BAR membership to go through, but i'm otterpop510 on RC, or email otterpop510@yahoo.com. i'm also aiming to be at the frag swap saturday. thanks!

6. bareefers

bareefers BOD

hehe.. i'm finally registered. anyway, if you still have RBTA's to get rid of you can now pm me here too..! thanks.

7. bareefers

bareefers BOD

okay, i think i get it now.. hopefully i'm not a 'guest' anymore..

8. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Tony, thanks for the rbta! (from last weekend). Glad to know another reefer lives in the hood.

My anemone is still acclimating, it's destined for it's own tank at my office.

V

9. wow...how come mine aren't as bubbly as those :(?

For some reason, my anemones never retain their bubble tips.

10. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

my rbtas are doing great, they have stoped moving and didn't sting anything in the process!. even one of my clowns swam into one! thanks very much!

11. Elite

Elite Guest

Same here.. :(

12. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Not really sure what causes the bubble tips. Mine looked almost dead, but it seems to have settled in. And a meal of shrimp seems to have helped perk it up because it's now expanded and huge now. No bubble tips though, just long STRAIGHT tentacles. It's pretty fascinating watching it eat though!

I had read on the net that if you feed it heavily (once it's settled in, of course) then do a LARGE WATER CHANGE, it might split. Not if this technique works for all rbtas, or just the author of that article, but I think that once it's happy, I'll give it a try (it's in a 10g tank right now, so a "massive water change" means probably 5g water change.

Some people "shock" it with an ice cube to make it split.

V

13. just cut the anemone in half like a mushroom and it will "split".

Less hassle, but feed it first and let it digest.

14. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Really? Does cutting an anemone in half actually work? Have you tried it?

I'm afraid to do that, just in case...

V

15. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Do you have any left to give away?

16. bareefers

bareefers BOD

I'm also interested in a clone of your RBTA - let me know if you have any left.

TIA>

17. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Tony, I'm a b.a.r. member (whose waiting for his membership to go through). I live in millbrae and would highly appreciate it if you would remember me if you get any more splits. Jim cell 650-784-6900