Friend (Zepplock) is shutting down his tank and has some nice equipment for sale

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Vincerama2, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

I don't know if you guys remember Zepplock (Vladimir), but he's now busy with two little ones of the human variety and has decided that he needs to shut down his tank... he has some things to sell;

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153718895521096&set=gm.380784965448539&type=1&theater

Pop on over and see if there is anything you can use!

The tank is a very nice rimless tank

- ($550) Used CadLights Artisan 50g cube (2x2x2) low-iron glass tank. Rimless, black silicone.
    Includes a sump, CadLights skimmer, all plumbing, heater and Eheim return pump. Center overflow, drilled for drain/return.

- ($150) Used EcoTech MP10 pump

- ($300) Almost new LED lights: Custom (white/blue) Nanobox Duo (http://nanoboxreef.com/duo.html) Includes a light, controller with cloud/lightning config. Also comes with a hanging kit and a pole attaching to the tank stand

If you buy it as a package or a BAR member you get 10% discount.
    Located in San Jose.

Contact me or Vlad through his facebook link.

Enderturtle likes this.
  2. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I remember Vlad. Nice set up.

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I remember Vlad, he was a nice guy... but come on is that Craigslist? The posting says $1 in the big font, then lures you in to the real prices! :D

4. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

Can I buy some of his breeding population of snails? :)

5. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

what did he do with the DBTC stuff?

neuro likes this.
  6. neuro

neuro Webmaster

he was dbtc? never even heard of him... i'm assuming it was a long time ago?

7. 650-IS350

8. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

2010-2011 iirc

9. neuro

neuro Webmaster

if he's letting the dbtc go as a sale, that would be very sad

10. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

I've never had any DBTC come back, so I think it would just be "normal."

-edit: I would also assume that his dbtc died vs accusing him of selling. This is an equipment sale, not a livestock sale, either he gave stuff to friends or we missed the sale, or the tank crashed or who knows.

It'd be one thing if you caught him selling it, but I'd err on the side of caution in a case like this.

Enderturtle, nly04 and Coral reefer like this.
  11. 650-IS350

I doubt Vlad would, he was cool dude. Was just asking what had happen to the dbtc stuff as if it was still available i would have helped with it.

12. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Sorry guys, here's his email..

zepplock@yahoo.com

BTW, Vlad would never sell DBTC corals. He is an extremely generous person and he'd never do that for any sort of profit. His tank crashed a few times and, like I said he has two kids now (he had no kids when he started the tank).

In fact, he just gave me all his fish (free). If he had any corals, he'd have given them to me, I think maybe he had a final crash and realized he didn't have time for the hobby AND kids.

V

13. 650-IS350

My concern was if he had any DBTC items that we could have help him move forward IF he had any left.

14. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Another one bites the dust.

Enderturtle likes this.
  15. boun11

boun11 Supporting Member

so...when are you starting your tank? It has been like 2 years? that you built the stand at my place.

Enderturtle likes this.
  16. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Hopefully sometime in the next 4 months. We're finalizing on where my office is gonna be and I should be moving hopefully sometime this holiday.

Anyhoo, hope Vlad finds a buyer soon. I'd pick up some of that gear, but have been sitting on gear for awhile myself.

17. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

I think he sold the tank and stuff..

Enderturtle likes this.