Neptune Aquatics

Friendly reminder to remember to replace RO/DI filters

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Not saying now is the time you need to, but if you can't remember when the last time you changed them now might be a good time. I changed out all my filters and my sediment filter looked more like a used coffee filter.

Hahaha... yeah, I didn't want to have to deal with group buys or any of that crap last time I needed filters and just bought a "multi-pack" where I got 5 of each filter + 3 DI resin filters cost me about $100 shipped to my door, its really one of those things that considering that'll last me maybe 2 years, I'm not going to be a cheap ass on this.

We're blessed with pretty clean water in alameda, and I've been going over a year with no filter change. Is there any reason to replace the filters if the water tds is still 0?

well, there's an interesting article in reefkeeping.com about tds meters and accuracy that you should read :)

But sure your tds might read zero, but I dunno how your carbon filters would hold up to break down chlorine/chloramines. Those don't show up on a TDS meter, I can live with 10 TDS no problem, but chloramines? nuh uh.

Back