Frog in blender chalice

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by melly mel, Feb 21, 2010.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. mpoletti

mpoletti Guest

It was only offered once or twice I believe Jeremy, It was hidden towards the end of all of his corals. It was green/aqua with pink mouths ;)

2. melly mel

melly mel Guest

Eager to see what the original frog in a blender looks like. Im only putting it up with this name as its how it was sold to me as.

3. VietNR1

VietNR1 Guest

I'd like to see how this guy colors up in some of your tanks...

I just got scalpels from a friend so after my tank settles down I'm going to try and cut him up. I originally got it from a friend who cut it up into 4 pieces with a dremel. 3 pieces stayed in Socal and 1 is up here in Norcal.

Attached files [​IMG]

4. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I know where the OG mother colony is, I'll try and snap a picture ;)

5. mpoletti

mpoletti Guest

I know where my bandsaw's are if you need me to snap you a picture of them :D

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I wish, it's more of a green with red eyes now, it seems to have lost some of the blue in the body.

7. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Any drags of this available

8. tuberider

tuberider Guest

It's going to b a little while longer, the frag I received was rather small, it has doubled in size though :)

9. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Any frags yet

10. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Jess, check out the pic on the first page, see how tiny the frag is?

At this point it has doubled or tripled in size, IME though chalice need to have a little size before they become fragable, maybe in another six months or so.

11. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Oh well.... wanna try a cool chalice guess to Neptunes I go for the SF love chalice

12. tuberider

tuberider Guest

If you make it up to AC, Chris has a bunch of large chalice frags for $40 ea, they don't have names though...

13. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Aquatic central. Sf. Ocean ave

15. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

They are nice chalices, don't let the price fool you. I got my eye on a couple of them but I'm flat broke.

16. tuberider

tuberider Guest

OK, looks like I'm going to be fragging this guy within the next couple of days, it finally covers the entire plug.

I'm saturated with chalice currently, so I'm going to spilt the coral in half to fulfill my requirements and pass the whole thing along. It's a very nice chalice, I'm not passing it along because it is a POS, I just need to reevaluate my collection and it's best to get other people growing this sucker.

17. jestersix

jestersix Sponsor

I would love a frag.

18. mavjoy

mavjoy Guest

I wish my tank is ready but not soon enough.

19. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[​IMG]

Look at me now!! Strong like lion!!!!

I'm finally going to frag the little monster, there will be two frags available to those with experience with chalice along with having place chalice into the DBTC as proof :)

Sorry to be a nag, but if you look at the original pic you'll understand, I've been babying this for a while.

Oh yeah, updated DBTC stats are a good thing too if you want a frag ;)

20. screebo

screebo Guest

Is this from the same batch that was made available for a short time at Ocean Treasures? It's real nice, I have a hunk. :)