Kessil

Frog in blender chalice

tuberider said:
I tried to look for a pic, but it's no longer on his website...
It was only offered once or twice I believe Jeremy, It was hidden towards the end of all of his corals. It was green/aqua with pink mouths ;)

I'd like to see how this guy colors up in some of your tanks...

I just got scalpels from a friend so after my tank settles down I'm going to try and cut him up. I originally got it from a friend who cut it up into 4 pieces with a dremel. 3 pieces stayed in Socal and 1 is up here in Norcal.

Attached files

mpoletti said:
tuberider said:
I tried to look for a pic, but it's no longer on his website...
It was only offered once or twice I believe Jeremy, It was hidden towards the end of all of his corals. It was green/aqua with pink mouths ;)

I know where the OG mother colony is, I'll try and snap a picture ;)

Jess, check out the pic on the first page, see how tiny the frag is?

At this point it has doubled or tripled in size, IME though chalice need to have a little size before they become fragable, maybe in another six months or so.

OK, looks like I'm going to be fragging this guy within the next couple of days, it finally covers the entire plug.

I'm saturated with chalice currently, so I'm going to spilt the coral in half to fulfill my requirements and pass the whole thing along. It's a very nice chalice, I'm not passing it along because it is a POS, I just need to reevaluate my collection and it's best to get other people growing this sucker.

Frog.jpg

Look at me now!! Strong like lion!!!!

I'm finally going to frag the little monster, there will be two frags available to those with experience with chalice along with having place chalice into the DBTC as proof :)

Sorry to be a nag, but if you look at the original pic you'll understand, I've been babying this for a while.

Oh yeah, updated DBTC stats are a good thing too if you want a frag ;)

Back