Cali Kid Corals

Frogspawn and Torch

I have a torch and frogspawn sitting right next to each other. The tentacles are slightly touching each other. This morning, the tentacles on the torch is starting to pull back a bit. Does any one have any issues sitting these two right next to each other? Do they sting each other?

IME, the stinging usually happens when those tentacles stick to the tissue that they are attacking. My frogspawn and hammer have the tentacles extended, but tend to just graze each other rather than sting.

Of course, the hammer doesn't play nice with my candy cane/trumpet.

I see elongation within an hour when it wants to send out sweepers.

I have a torch which is below a mili. Torch has grown a lot. Stings the hell out of the milli. I leave the old milli skeleton to act as a "wall" to protect the rest of the growing mili.

my newly bought torch extends probably 1-2 inches, but no more than that -- when I picked it up from the store it was fully extended. what should I test for?

haha torched crapped on me. (no more torches, frog spawn loves the water. I think I threw in my saltwater a bit too soon. D-Dh2Ocean says to leave water for 24 hours. I had 9 hours mixing before pushing it in. going to retest the waterchange tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

things that died:
Green + Yellow Torch (6 heads, gone!)
1 beautiful red mushroom
1 small colony of green zoas (melted away)
that's about it.. I think my flame was so infested that the waterchange did it in lol (took about 4 days though).

got new stuff to replace.

Back