FS/FT: Hermits

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by sfsuphysics, Nov 7, 2005.

1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I have a handful of blue & red legged hermits that would like to live in a good home :) I dont know exactly how many, but probably in the 20-30 range. I'd be willing to bring them to the workshop and swap outside.

The idea was to have an experiment, where in one tank I'd have nothing but snails, and in the other nothing but hermits, to see who was better at keeping things clean. And while the hermits are second to none with picking up uneatten food, they really don't do squat for algae (hair or otherwise). Turns out water flow is WAY more important on rocks to keep algae away as it makes sure nutrients don't settle.

So anyways long story short, if you want all of them I'll sell 3 for $1 or so. I'd entertain trades, but I really dont have a need for anything right now although I could do with a twig or two of coral, I will be getting a bunch of snails in the group buy (hopefully) and would rather them not just becoming hermit food :)

So if you have a desire for hermits let me know, just do so a few days before the meeting so I have a chance to pick them out.

2. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

I'd like to buy the 20-30. This Saturday would be cool.

3. sfsuphysics

Alrighty I'll start fishing them out!

4. bareefers

bareefers BOD

If you still have any blue legs left, I'd like to pick up a few(maybe 10 or so).

5. sfsuphysics

Fished out about 20 today... I thought I may have killed them all, but I guess they were sleeping, normally they come out when food hits the tank. I'll see if there are more in the next couple days.