FS/FT Zoas, Ric, RBTA, monti.cap and something free!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by sfsuphysics, Mar 27, 2007.

1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Ok the other day my g/f mentioned "uhh honey, I think your anemone split again".. I looked at it, and I said "No it didn't"... she pointed out the space between the rocks, and I just thought it was bent funny.. well today I saw it completely separate.. *sigh*... so now I have 4 anemone, 3 "full sized" (ie been with me a while) and 1 little one. If it weren't for the fact this tomato has been with me since my first venture into saltwater I'd ditch it and the anemone that being said I have some for sale/trade. I also decided to snap some pics of some other stuff I wouldn't mind if it left my tank either (well there a lot under this catagory, but I doubt anyone wants mushrooms, if you do send me a PM I have quite a variety of colors). Was going to wait closer to meeting time but if I do wait there will be 3 more! Ok so everything here except for the cap is under 4x54w t5 bulbs, 2 "aquablue" 2 "11000k" (aka white).

That being said I would prefer trades over cash, and trades to my liking do get favorable position for who has "dibs" on things :)
    Things I'm looking for ricordia Caribbean species specifically (ie nice uniform color with outline of another color), although I've never been one to turn away a Yuma. And MAYBE some zoas or nicely colored sps, big maybe here because I dont really want any more of either but if there's something so nice I can't say no to... well ok.. but being as nothing here is that nice IMO :D I doubt anyone is going to trade me the holy grail for it.

Here's the original split anemone he went upward in the tank, and decided on a nook within a rock, I tried to remove him once, didn't work, decided the rock (somewhere between cantalope and softball sized) with him and everything on it is to go. On the rock are a few palythoas, a blue/red striped mushroom, green/red mini-carpet anemone, and of course the RBTA. $40 for the whole lot.
    [​IMG]

Here are the other anemone, getting these is extremely dependent upon their ability to be removed and how much effort it'll take to do it. If I can snatch the small one, $20, one of the bigger ones will be $40. I'm going to keep one or two.
    [​IMG]

Here's a nice florida ricordia, it splits fairly readily, I have about a dozen in the tank. The first image I thought it'd be good to put the lonely guy next to glass to take a super macro close up.. well ok didn't turn out that good. $5 (but this is one I'm really wanting a trade of another color ric)
    [​IMG]

Here's some of the other rics of that same color just to give you an idea of coloration, blurry as all hell but colors are more accurate. Peach/pink inside, with green mouth and really deep purple fringe. I might be convinced to yank some of these too but only for other ricordia.
    [​IMG]

Here they are right after St. Patrick's day.. LUCK OF THE IRISH ZOANTHIDS!!! Ok seriously, they're green, and umm.. some other colors in there, I'm not naming them for squat. The frag up is a frag of 8 heads that's on another rock, thought it'd be a good idea to move it to another place... but they all closed up, so here's an accurate picture of the color of them. Lets see it has a name, so that's $5 per head, and... ok call it $5 and we'll be good (again rics are nice to trade :D)
    [​IMG]

Here's a flat rock.... .... ... and some corals on it, a pink(ish) pocillipora (it was really high in the tank and did bleach a bit), the infamous phoenix cap! Pink as can be! some purple tipped digitata frags and some micropthalma frags (and I'm willing to toss in as many as you would like for no additional charge!) Eitherway I have no need for the rock, I thought a shelf high in the tank would be good, but I didn't like it much. So everything for $20, or $5 for each frag (digi & microp, and free to anyone who trades/buys something... or if you want some in general). A little elbow grease with a toothbrush and this piece of rock is algae free!
    [​IMG]

Here's a close up of the monti.cap. Its outside in my greenhouse/porch area, this picture is under diffused & shaded (at the time I took the picture) sunlight. It's kind of encrusted to the rock but I'm sure a screwdriver under it can pry it free (with maybe a little damage)
    [​IMG]

And the freebe prize! A huge ass piece of colt coral, this thing is a wonderous coral, seriously, I chopped this thing into half for the frag swap, and they went in the 1st/2nd round! So I'm willing to chop more of it off. If more than one person would like some.. NO PROBLEM! I'll make the available pieces!
    [​IMG]

2. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Hi,
    I'm interested in your rock with the SPS corals. I have some Blastomussa merleti (red with neon green centers) frags you might be interested in, or I can pay cash, whichever you prefer. I highly doubt that I have anything else besides the blastos that desirable, either. ;)

3. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Mike, if you have a mounted piece of the colt I will take it (and before you say where will it fit in my tank - its for my tank at work). I can get you that blue ric I promised you. $5 for the orange is pretty cheap price. good luck with the sale.

4. Elite

Elite Guest

I take all the rics you sell Mike. Pick up at the meeting??

5. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

All Your Rics Are Belong to Phong! :D :D :D

6. Elite

Elite Guest

;D hehehe .. yeah.. just give me the whole rock ;D

7. sfsuphysics

Blink it's yours for $20

Arnold how big of a piece do you want? I'll give you the whole thing, and how big of a mounted rock do you want, it's mounted now, but you ain't getting that whole rock it's on with all my other corals :) I can mount it to something and it should hopefully stick in a couple weeks. Too cheap for the ric?

Phong: $50 per polyp then! Thank Arnold for it :) Seriously, I really want to find a trade on that one more so than I want the $5, now if you wanted mushrooms then I can give you a whole rock worth .

8. Elite

Elite Guest

Mushroom is cool too :D .. I really like the ric but I don't have anything to trade with you. That's the problem :D ..

Do you have the pink milli table ?? (I'm not sure what color it is. I can try to take pic but I can't get a good shot of it.)

If you want zoa, I have a lot of these ;D
    [​IMG]

9. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

So here's my mix into this:

Mike - you want a blue-polyped stag (I think it's an insignis) small mini colony (well actually one long stem with a bunch of branches - it's encrusting on the disc already) for the rics.

Phong will take the rics. Phong - I'll take the candy cane coral we talked about and maybe a couple (literally) of those sweet zoas you posted .

10. Elite

Elite Guest

Done :D

Oh Mike, I can give you some of the zoa if you like too 8) ..

11. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Well, let's see if Mike likes what I have first.

Mini colony - yes, I know it's on it's side I was too lazy to go fix it when I taking the photo. Those tips are blue not white either.
    [​IMG]

Mother colony

[​IMG]

12. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Hehe... you guys are making my brain hurt :D

13. sfsuphysics

Wow, Eileen the broker. Well I guess if Eileen says I want it, then I want it. But please, there never was a plural, there was A ricordia (and that doesn't stand for Acropora Ricordia). However Phong I'll take a bunch of pictures of the mushrooms and you can pick which ones you'd like :D

14. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Hehe... didn't you hear about that university marine bio guy in Florida that was propping rics by running them through a blender and letting them settle in sweater box raceways?

:D

15. Elite

Elite Guest

One ric is good enough Mike. Do you want the zoa I posted?

Norman,
    Yeah I heard about that. Did you ever try that?? Kinda scary ;D ..

16. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Scary would be if you tried with Palythoa toxica :D

Haven't done it myself, but I'd go as far as cutting in half for rics. I saw some people had problems cutting in quarters and eighths. Halves seem to be pretty much no prob.

17. sfsuphysics

yeah I heard about that as well Norman, one of these days I might be inclined to do it too, of course I need to find some specifics... perhaps instead of a blender simply use one of those chopper tools they advertise on late night infomercials. I'd be curious how you'd work it so all the pieces don't float to the end of the raceway.

Also how they get really pretty clams, is they get the best looking one, stick it in a blender and put the goo back into the raceway/tank.

Phong: I think that three way trade with Eileen will be sufficient, if I want zoas I can always bug you for them at a later date :)

18. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Mike - yeah granted it's one ric, but I figure you and Phong have helped me out in frags in the past and that milli you fragged off for me was worth at least this small mini colony. It's a relatively fast grower, as the base already pooled all over the plug in the last month or less.

19. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Mike, I just want a piece on the rock so it won't float away...your choice. Do you still want a blue ric? I have a pretty nice collection of Rics as you have seen, but Phong hasn't : ) Phong send me a PM, I know a guy that is selling some. ( I don't cut my rics or blend them)

Eileen, I got your Blue and Purple being delivered today.

Norm, Hi boss.

20. sfsuphysics

Eileen, alrighty, I won't stop you showering me praise :D I didn't mind giving frags of the mille anyways, although I realized after everyone left Alvin asked for a piece and I forgot to snip one for him, so if you're reading Alvin, I'll get you a piece by next meeting. :)

Arnold: Sure, I only once got a caribbean species of ricordia and I have to say they have their own little place that feels better than yumas... maybe because they actually grow relatively rapidly.