FS: Kessil a360W - $375

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by RichieT, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichieT

RichieT Guest

So I've realized that I didn't have enough light on my tank and instead of buying a second Kessil I made the switch to T5s. I love this light for color and growth on Zoas and LPS. I'm making the shift to more acros and this fixture does cause shadowing on sticks. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

This light has been run fully blue at approximately 70-80% for 4 months.

2. RichieT

RichieT Guest

How about $350. I also have the gooseneck.

3. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Gooseneck is included for $350? Wow I'm going to be banging my head for not buying it in a ~month when I'm setting up my new tank and realizing 1 Kessil 350 isn't enough.

4. RichieT

RichieT Guest

Yep. Gooseneck for free

5. sump_penny

sump_penny Guest

damn... just bought 2 before you posted....lol

6. RichieT

RichieT Guest

Well if you want a third hit me up

7. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

How long did you use it?

8. RichieT

RichieT Guest

This particular unit was new from factory and used for approximately 4 months. Although I've had my tank up about 6 months the first unit was replaced by Kessil because of a faulty fan which was causing overheating. It's in great condition, and I would be keeping it if there was enough room above my tank for this and t5s :(

9. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

Sounds good. Let me think about it. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

10. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

So, I think I've decided to wait on the Kessil purchase. I got some advice from an advanced hobbyist who suggested that my goals (relatively fast coral growth) might be better met if I ran MH for a year or so. Good luck selling your light. If my tank were a year older I would love to have it.

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Interesting advice...I wouldn't worry about speed of coral growth really, you'll just fill up your tank faster. If they look good and grow at all you're doing well!

12. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

I don't really understand why you would run one light for a year and then plan to switch it later just for growth. As long as you get a good quality LED, you can get just as fast coral growth as you would with a metal halide. Metal halides also have a lot of drawbacks such as high heat output, higher energy consumption, and the cost of replacing bulbs. Personally, I'm an LED fan and would recommend a good quality LED fixture any day. I get amazing growth under my LEDs. Also keep in mind that growth rate isn't just dependent on light. Its going to have a lot to do with types of coral, water quality, feeding, dosing, flow, etc.

13. RichieT

RichieT Guest

This is pending.

But I agree with the last two posts. Why worry about growth rates when color and healthiness is what is important. Hopefully you will get both with halides.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  14. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

I'm also a fan of LEDs, and I love the look of Kessils inside the tank.

15. F6553066

F6553066 Guest

DeeAnn if you want to stop by my home after work to see how my corals are doing under my Kessil 350's let me know. Everything seems to be doing well. There are other factors besides light that contribute to how fast corals grow. The above advice from Felicia is right on. Do you still have my tel. number?

16. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

Hey Dick,
    Yes, I still have your number. Maybe I will stop by. What day would be good for you?

17. F6553066

F6553066 Guest

As you know I'm retired so just about ant time is good.

18. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

I'll give you a call tomorrow.

19. F6553066

F6553066 Guest

I just remembered that I have a doctor appt so I will be out in early afternoon. Call after 3:00. If doctor is late getting to me, leave your tel. Number and I'll call you back.

DeeAnnMG likes this.
  20. RichieT

RichieT Guest

Deal fell through. Last drop before it goes in the closet. $325

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.