FS: Maxi mini carpet anemones (Stichodactyla tapetum)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Eight, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Eight

Eight Guest

Hey guys,

Treylane (Jess) and I split a socal reefer's complete private collection of 'maxi mini carpet anemones'. We are keeping many of them, but it was a very large collection and we now have many extras and clones that we'd like to sell off.

Here are some photos of the actual anemones. They range in size from quarter sized to 2" across. Most are going to be quarter or half dollar size. The ones I am selling are primarily greens, oranges and purples. They will be $40 and up depending on size and color.

For those who don't know, these are just like regular carpet anemones except that they come in a variety of patterns and colors and stay small! 3-4" max. They're perfect for nanos and host sexy shrimp and porcelein crabs, but do not host clown fish. They are also quite hardy and easier to care for than other anemones. Low flow, low-med light, will take mysis or small pellets if you want them to grow faster. They can move a little bit when placed in a tank, but stay put better than BTAs in my experience.

(BTW, these are not the more common 'mini mini carpet anemones' that only come in green and purple and split like crazy. They're identical to the Atlantis red mini carpets, but different colors.)

I'm home all day today (Friday) if you'd like to come by and take a look. Will also be available through the weekend.

Pickup in west san jose, near Valley Fair Mall.

PM if interested.

Jason

Actual anemones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a youtube video of maxi mini carpet anemones being fed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2NEsvrpRoc

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Second picture.... far upper right, I'll take that one.... middle and left middle, those two as well :0 how much??

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'm heading to Oakland after work tonight (7-8 leaving Santa Cruz) or I could swing by tomorrow :)

4. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

PICT 1 purple n green one on rock how much

5. Eight

Eight Guest

Hey guys, sorry I should have been more clear. The photos above are group shots before Jess and I split the collection. Therefore, some of the anemones pictured are ones she or I are keeping or that I don't have because she has them. (She is going to post some for sale soon as well.)

Therefore, I can't really quote prices on individual guys from these two particular photos. Gresh, you have a good eye... unfortunately, I think those ones are all ones that we're hanging on to. I might have a clone or two though, give me a little time to look for you. I take it you're looking for reds?

Otherwise, if you're interested, please PM me or drop by sometime today or this weekend...

6. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

You guys picked up er1c's collection? Ballers...

7. Eight

Eight Guest

Haha. I dunno about 'ballers'. Maybe more like 'addicts'. :p

8. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I was with Jason when he bought them.....good thing he didn't notice he left a few in my car that I kept : )

9. Eight

Eight Guest

Ah arnold, that was a different batch of mini carpets. I made sure to get all of those ones from your car, don't worry. :p

10. bookfish

bookfish Guest

I'll take 3 or 4 to try at the shop. Any chance someone can drop them by sometime?

11. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Jim, I can't sport you (money) but I can pick some up. I have a box of magazines for you and I am staying @ matt's tonight.

12. supernip

supernip Guest

so youre the one that cleaned him out?

13. Eight

Eight Guest

Yeah, Jess and I did. You weren't bidding on those guys on ebay were you? Felt a little bad about that, but I think he is trying to move soon so he wanted to get rid of everything at once.

14. Sfork

Sfork Guest

I'm waiting in line for tigerboy to sell me a healed frag of his 100% light blue one.

15. Eight

Eight Guest

The light blue one is really nice, especially contrasted against the reds and oranges. I got one from Er1c prior to this batch. It's a nice light powder blue.

16. supernip

supernip Guest

Nah Im just a bit amused since he had so many of them. Im glad theyre finally moving up north.

17. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Me too!
    THX!!!!!!!!

18. Eight

Eight Guest

No problem Jim! It was so nice seeing your store. Clean and airy. Very impressed with your frags for sale too. The monti mollis opened right up and the tyree red psammacora looks fantastic.

As for the maxi-mini carpets:

I've got one tiny green guy for $25 (dime sized, but will grow just as large as the rest of them in a couple months) available. I also have two very nice orange-greens. One with yellow streaks and the other more of a solid orange on top of a green base. The oranges are bigger, full quarter sized, $80 each.

Other than those three, I sold everything else or will keep the rest. PM me if you're interested or want pics.

Jason

19. Eight

Eight Guest

Here's a teaser shot of the ones in my display. (Not for sale at the moment, sorry!)
    [​IMG]

Also, I have one Atlantis Red mini carpet available for sale too. The Atlantis red is good sized, larger than the orange ones, probably 1.5" almost 2" across. It's a clone of the solid bright red one next to the purple in the shot above (right in the middle of the photo). (The ones I got split on me pretty aggressively.) It's $140 for BAR members.

20. Sfork

Sfork Guest

let me know when you got a frag of that blue one! I'd rather get one local than shipped.