FS--My entire 65 gallon reef setup

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by patrickb, Jan 22, 2014.

1. patrickb

patrickb Supporting Member

FS--Stunning Complete 65 Gallon Mature Reef System
    Well, fellow reefers, the time has unfortunately come for me to sell my fish tank. I am planning on moving to Portland, OR for a career change in the next couple months and it's just not feasible for me to take my beloved tank with me. I'm bummed.

I want to sell it in one fell swoop. I am asking $2,300 for the whole, complete system—the equipment, corals, fish, and all the nicknacks that go with tanks. This is a screaming deal. I've put over $6,000 into this tank over the years and the corals by the themselves (many of which are rare show piece sizes) are worth well over what I'm asking for it. I've had it for over 7 years and the corals and live rock are fully grown and mature.

Here is what you get:

Equipment
    --65 Gallon AGA glass aquarium
    --Honey colored pine stand
    --15 gallon refugium sump
    --2 AquaIllumination Sol LED fixtures
    --Custom made light hanging kit
    --RapidLED PAR 38 all white bulb and fixture—for refugium
    --Bubble Magus 3 Part Dosing system
    --Warner Marine MF121 Skimmer
    --AquaC Remora Pro Hang on Skimmer
    --3 Hydor Koralia 4 circulation pumps
    --Various circulation and return pumps—Mag 7, Mag 5, etc
    --2 2 Little Fishies 150 reactors
    --Testing kits, nets, magnetic algae scrapers, GFO, Carbon, etc.

Corals
    There are too many corals in this mature tank to list them all but the highlights include:
    --3 Jawbreaker Mushroom corals
    --1 Rainbow anemone
    --15 heads of Alien Eye Chalice
    --3 heads of Bazooka Joe Watermelon Chalice
    --6 heads of Mummy Eye Chalice
    --4 heads of Oregon Mummy Eye Chalice
    --Fire and Ice Echinada (showpiece size)
    --Baby's Breath Favia (50 heads)
    --Mystic Grape Favia (40 heads)
    --Tyree Elegance Coral (showpiece size)
    --Purple Hornet Zoas (6 heads)
    --Devils Armor Paly (40 heads)
    --Captain America Paly (20 heads)
    As I said, the tank is chalk full of corals and there are many many more corals included

Fish
    --African Flameback Angel (Tank Bred and very rare)
    --Marine Betta (Tank Bred)
    --2 Naked Clowns (Tank Bred and paired)
    --2 Bangaii Cardinals (Tank Bred and paired)
    --Yellow Assessor (Tank Bred)
    --Indigo Dottyback (Tank Bred)
    --Melanurus Wrasse

Let me know if you're interested in this sweet tank!
    Patrick

[​IMG]
    image_1
    by PaddyboyBareiss, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    image_2

[​IMG]
    image_3

[​IMG]
    image_4

[​IMG]
    image_5

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  2. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Its a bummer, saw the post on RC a few days ago. Good luck on the move and new living spot!

3. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

So sorry man. Your tank is awesome. I hope you find yourself planning a new one in a few years. Good luck with the move.

4. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

You gave me my first lightning over the tank show. Good luck to you with your move

5. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Nooooooooooooooo! you will be missed.
    BTW what will happen to all the poor tenants in SF without your fine representation? :)

6. Best wishes for your new beginning, Patrick! Visit us now and then to give us an update when you start up a new tank in Portland - don't make us wait for your next article in Reef Hobbyist Magazine.

7. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Sorry to hear you are selling the tank Patrick...it's truly a beauty! Best wishes on your next endeavor.

8. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Best of luck in your career change! I'm sure you'll pick up the hobby again soon.

9. patrickb

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Well, it looks like selling the whole system is proving to be very difficult. I've decided to part out my tank starting with corals and live rock. Let me know if youre interested in anything.
    Take care and thanks,
    Patrick

10. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

PM sent

11. patrickb

Hi all,
    Tons of stuff has been purchased. Kind of sad really to see it all go. It took me 7 years to build this tank up and only 1.5 days to see half of the stuff go. Lapsan got some killer deals though and I know he'll give a lot of the corals a good home. I still have a few corals available though including:
    1. some really large colonies of sunset monti combined with orange digitata. The whole colony is about the size of 1.5 basketballs (really huge). I'm selling that for $125.

2. I also have another rock about the size of a football that is completely covered with armor of god palys and orange clove polyps that also has sunset monti on it as well as a christmas monti. That's going for $90. Both are really really good deals and impossible to find colonies as large as these in fish stores.

3. I have tons of smaller stuff like chalices (alien eye (15 eyes)--$75, oregon mummy eye (10 eyes) $50 and regular mummy eye (6 eyes) $30).

4. I have a Golden Torch coral that is super yellow with 3 heads (asking $60 for it).

5. I have 4 heads of the the Jawbreaker mushroom. One is the mother colony and it is gorgeous with green and red spots on orange. its the size of a large half dollar coin. The other three are babies about the size of bean. It comes on a large rock--about the size of a softball that has tons of other mushrooms on it as well a gorgonian and orange monti cap. The whole thing for $400. I dont want to part this bc its a pain and I just want to get this whole process over with.

5. I have rainbow anemone. $75. about the size of an orange.

6. Finally, tons of little stuff--green slimer sps, zoas, purple hornets, captain america palys, fungias) all for $5 to $30 bucks.

Let me know if want something. I don't have to work tomorrow bc of Lincoln's birthday so I'll be around all day. First come first served!.

Take care,
    Patrick

Let me know if youre interested. Take care,
    Patrick

12. patrickb

Anemone is sold!

13. nly04

nly04 Guest

Hello Patrick,

Would you email me up close pictures of these corals? I'm interest in them. Thx.
    nly04@yahoo.com

--1 Rainbow anemone
    --Fire and Ice Echinada (showpiece size)
    --Baby's Breath Favia (50 heads)
    --Mystic Grape Favia (40 heads)
    --Tyree Elegance Coral (showpiece size)

14. nly04

nly04 Guest

Also: Golden Torch coral and sunset monti combined with orange digitata.

15. patrickb

Everything is sold except for the 2 bangaii cardinals (paired) $30, 2 fungias--one green, one purple ($30). All the chalices (I'd sell for $100 for the whole of them), and 1 red blastomusso coral for $10. I also have an indigo dottyback for $5 and about 40 lbs of live rock rock covered with sponges and mini feather dusters and small corals and what not for $70. Finally, I have about 150 polyps of pinkish and yellow zoas that are on my glass for $50.

Let me know if your interested.

16. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Is the rock aptasia free? Reason I ask is my tank is invested and Ive been getting new rock to replace it

17. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Glad to see you sell most of your stuff Patrick, maybe you can still keep the tank and then setup after you move and get addicted again :D

18. patrickb

The rock is not aptasia free. Im looking at it now and see 2 of them but not any more than that.

19. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Thanks Patrick , I was with Jim tonight. Thanks for the Cardinals

20. Marc

Marc Guest

Doh! Too late on the cardinals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.