FS: PINK POLYPED SMOOTHIE FRAG

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by bareefers, Mar 12, 2008.

1. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I just picked up a frag last night from him. The colony he got is maricultured. It has white base but polyps are brown to orange and not pink. Maybe this is the reason why he is using Rommel's pink smothie picture. He is using 20K MH + actinic pc lighting and yield I don't see the polyps to be pink.

2. Elite

Elite Guest

How would you know for sure that it will turn pink?

3. iani

iani Guest

Ditto, it may not. How do you use a photo of something that is different from what you actually have.

4. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

I just have to stand up for those using other's photos. I'm no Eric or Art, my photo skills are basic at best. I "borrow" photos online that "best" represent what I see. Let's be honest, corals look different in each tank so even a proper photo in my tank might not represent your tank.

Not that I'm standing up for this particular post. I mean orange is orange. Pink smoothies are PINK...REALLY pink.

5. iani

iani Guest

But with out permission you should not use someone elses photo. Esp if you didn't even get it from that person.

6. bareefers

bareefers BOD

to stop all the commotion i will get a pic of my pink smoothie 2nite.

7. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Oh Yes, I agree Iani. I only "borrow" photos from public sites like zoaid. Not to mention he's takingpictures from a members gallery and he's not even a member.

YB, you really need to join us if you are going to buy/sell stuff. We'd love to have you onboard.

8. bareefers

bareefers BOD

And as for xinumaster, you really need to tighten up your glasses dude, they are pink polyps, my other colony are orange not brown. The other 4 people that picked up frags from me all said that it was pink polyp, xinumaster was my only problem with seeing them. IF you want to see them, you should see them for yourselves, not rely on other peoples opinion.

9. bareefers

bareefers BOD

thanks dyngoe , ill keep that in mind

10. iani

iani Guest

Why don't the others who bought it post on how pink it actually is.

11. bareefers

bareefers BOD

i believe jkreefer will post one soon. and as for the other reefers. i m not sure

12. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Perry, why did you buy the coral if it wasn't what you expected?

13. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I think it is okay to use others picture as long as the frag being sold come from the same colony.

Mike, I notice rocks in his tank is all green no coralline at all. I don't think his tank is ready for sps. I bought a frag hoping that it will color up in my tank. I'll just have to wait and see. But right now my observation is that the polyps are not pink.

14. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

You have any pictures of it, Perry?

15. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I'll see if I can get pictures tonight.

16. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Dude! YB, you don't want to pick a fight with Perry. He has some of the best looking corals in his tank. If he says it is orange, I believe him. You'd be better served offering him a new piece that is truly pink. We're all about "love" here, not criticizing each other's eyes.

Just a suggestion for when you do join us at a meeting. ;)

17. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

It was brown to orange in his tank when I was looking at it. I mentioned that to him too, while I was there . But I'm still hoping it will color up, might not be in my tank but maybe to others tank.

Please, dont believe me right away, I could be wrong too. I'm just merely posting my initial observation.

18. bareefers

bareefers BOD

sorry about that all.

19. bareefers

bareefers BOD

but y'all gotta understand that i am the youngest reefer in the bay area.

20. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

Sorry I havent posted sooner, I obviosly cant say this is Tubs pink smoothie, but my peice was deffinitly pink, and looked exactly like the picture,except the base was white instead of greenish. I tried taking a picture but the macro setting on my camera is broken and any picture i get is either too far away or blury. I also saw the colony, and as i cant speak for Perry, It was just as pink as the frag i got. YB, your gettin a bad rap just because the first thing your doing when you joined the club is selling a bunch of stuff. Participate and learn and it will pay dividends to making a beutiful reef tank. Some of the members here have been reefers for 10-20 yrs and have an unbeleivable database of information and experience.