Cali Kid Corals

Fumigation help

So the house owe are renting is getting fumigated and I just heard that I need to move my fish out !Has anybody have any experience with this situation ?if I need to move them out I don’t know what to do!

Is there such thing as a temporary fish hotel or place that would haul my fish for a couple days

I’m kind of freaking out about this
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a tank in an office where I used to work. I sealed up the tank with saran wrap, shut off the Skimmer and put in fresh carbon before fumigation and more fresh carbon after. Everything survived.

Probably not as easy to do with a big tank.

I have had a tank in an office where I used to work. I sealed up the tank with saran wrap, shut off the Skimmer and put in fresh carbon before fumigation and more fresh carbon after. Everything survived.

Probably not as easy to do with a big tank.
e32fb64aeb26522eaa1822487508355b.jpg

This is my main tank with three flame asses a purple tang multiple coral and I’m just completely freaking out about this whole thing

That's tough. I would wrap the top of the tank and wrap the stand to make the sump area as air tight as possible.
They don’t come out till June 6 I’m wondering if I could get a 30 gallon tank in my office and just keep the livestock in there for the three days without getting too much of a spike and then bringing them back

There’s no way I can move this tank outside and I wouldn’t do that anyway it’s very expensive so it’s only three days

I wonder if just putting them in a tank in my office that he did for the three days would help

If they are easy to catch. I would get a air powered foam filter and put the foam in your sump to start building some bacteria on it and use that as your gas exchange and some filtration in the 30g tank.

If they are easy to catch. I would get a air powered foam filter and put the foam in your sump to start building some bacteria on it and use that as your gas exchange and some filtration in the 30g tank.
Good idea I’m thinking because it’s only three days I can even do a partial water change to prevent any sort of huge spike happening my question is what will happen to the water in the old tank is that going to be contaminated do I need to refill that completely? Will my sand die? What if I leave it covered in water? I have a pair of Clownfish three flames wraps a purple tang and a yellow goby

I have multiple LPS coral and rock

Good idea I’m thinking because it’s only three days I can even do a partial water change to prevent any sort of huge spike happening my question is what will happen to the water in the old tank is that going to be contaminated do I need to refill that completely? Will my sand die? What if I leave it covered in water? I have a pair of Clownfish three flames wraps a purple tang and a yellow goby

I have multiple LPS coral and rock

Wrasses

I think you gotta break down the tank and have a temporary holding tank. Would not risk fish and/or corals in a fumigated property.

You’re lucky that you have a location where you can have a temporary tank (ie your office). You can either break down and move your existing tank, or buy a new one(@RandyC had a still running 25g) with live rock and transfer the fish and corals into it.

I would not attempt to try to hunker down, seal or shelter in the fumigated home unless you were ok with taking risks and having livestock die.

You can still run the tube out then can't seal it air tight just get a long enough tube :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can still run the tube out then can't seal it air tight just get a long enough tube :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
All windows and doors are closed so not sure how to get the tube to clean air. Terminix would not allow this I’m sure. I’m thinking about getting a 40 gallon breeder setting it up in my office using some old media and hopefully the fish and coral could survive about three days before I move them back in here

I think I’m just going to seal up the old aquarium as tight as I can and run my MP 40 in it

Thoughts on my
Plan?

Back