got ethical husbandry?

Fungiid Propagation Experiments

Mine just turned dark, I think leaving it out in the light allowed algae to take over, I moved it to a dark spot about a week ago.

Mine didn't turn out so well. When I went to pull the 'legs' off the coral, it ended up breaking the coral into pieces. It's now in 3 pieces, with the smallest section still glued to the 'leg'.

I actually did this to a hitch hiker fugia I have - its green with an orange mouth. It was on a side of an orange hammer, about the size of a dime. I pulled it off and placed it on the sandbed. in a few months it grew to 3 inches, and there was another dime size one on the hammer again. I have pulled them off about 4 times and so far a new one keeps growing back from where I pulled. I even broke one in half when i pulled it off and gave it to Ben, 2 months ago. Its a full circle now and much bigger.

nope not shaded as the baby, but I have put the adults in both bright and shade- they do fine, they look better in light though.

Apon said:
nope not shaded as the baby, but I have put the adults in both bright and shade- they do fine, they look better in light though.

I think this thread has gotten a bit to wide and needs to be narrowed down. Not all fungia are hard to get to produce pups and lumping them all together IMO will do this thread a disservice.

Yours sound like Fungia fralinae which tend IME to spit out babies like no ones business. In other words, it's one that takes no effort unlike most others :)

Well I'm not sure why but the plate i pulled the bottom out of never really healed, the mouth is receding but the surrounding area still has tissue. I think it's had a hard time healing with all the sand in the way.

Back