Reef nutrition

Gablami's Reefer 525 Build

I think the one I have is green with purple tips. Does it look different than the one I have? Back right corner in the second photo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad luck two days in a row.

Yesterday came home to:
00773b2954f6a28081d359c128bcc420.jpg

Naoko chopped.

And then came home to:

a63cba04bc2ade919fa193f5535fe311.jpg

Bartlett male jumped out of the feed opening.

Hope the carnage ends there.

I've heard it happening if it turns off for feed mode then comes back on and the fish is in there. I thought the ecotech did a short pulse when it came on to give fish a chance to vacate. I have my WAVs just drop to 1% for feed mode.

I've heard it happening if it turns off for feed mode then comes back on and the fish is in there. I thought the ecotech did a short pulse when it came on to give fish a chance to vacate. I have my WAVs just drop to 1% for feed mode.

I always feed at full throttle. That's the only way the little guys get some food to eat. Otherwise the big piggies will hog everything.

I'm not sure what happened. The naoko was a new addition. It was doing well in ttm and in the acclimation box. It was never a fast active swimmer, kinda drifting around. But it was eating and looking normal even the morning of. I really liked that fish...so might try again down the road.

Why turn off your pumps when you feed? I mean ok you're return pump sure, but don't you want food floating around in the tank when you feed?

But man that fish on top... like WTF? I can't even imagine how it got out and landed like that.

Why turn off your pumps when you feed? I mean ok you're return pump sure, but don't you want food floating around in the tank when you feed?

But man that fish on top... like WTF? I can't even imagine how it got out and landed like that.
I know! I only have two openings in the whole cover. What are the chances!

a6741bc8e8d25d071c07936a8fc3b05a.jpg

It happens even with the cover in place. I lost a very tiny starry blenny recently. He was maybe getting to the 1" mark, but he found a gap in the lid that he escape through and made it onto the carpet.

This week has been horrible for fish for me as well. Lost my copper banded to a heart attack, of sorts, from a feeding episode. Feeding vigorous at one moment, then went ballistic with all fins raised and dead within 5 minutes.

All that work to make a cover and your wrasse found a way out... dang. I'm guessing the other fish was already toast before he found his way into the impeller if that's any consolation.

Anthia life must be bad in there jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He was king of the anthias. The only male out of 3 bartletts and 3 lyretails. A real bully. Would probably be a wife beater as a human. I'm not that sad that he's gone, but he was a beauty.

Back