Neptune Aquatics

GFO Preference

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
Hi Guys...we're about to start carrying bulk GFO and was wondering what form does most of you prefer? Pellet or Granular? We can get them in both forms but would prefer to stock only one.

Thanks,
Robert

I prefer pellets but granules are more efficient in terms of how quickly they act. Pellets take longer to become exhausted but don't pull as much as quickly as the granules. I'm not saying either pulls more PO4, just one is used up quicker and pulls faster.

GreshamH said:
I prefer pellets but granules are more efficient in terms of how quickly they act. Pellets take longer to become exhausted but don't pull as much as quickly as the granules. I'm not saying either pulls more PO4, just one is used up quicker and pulls faster.

What he said.

GreshamH said:
I prefer pellets but granules are more efficient in terms of how quickly they act.

Yep, if they're anything like pelleted carbon they don't adsorb as much since the exterior gets clogged with biofilm before the interior is saturated. I prefer granules.

I won't know that until I get the shipping charges. The pellet version comes in bigger container vs granular and weight more so shipping cost is more. I don't anticipate it to be much though, maybe on average 5-10 cents more per lbs? I am not sure until I get the shipping rate.

Pellets sound a bit more 'user friendly'. Less likely to clog up in a reactor, less likely to cause SPS RTN due to rapid phosphate removal, easier and less messy to rinse, etc.

Thanks for your inputs everyone. We weighted everyone's inputs here as well as from our walk-in customers and we came to the conclusion that Pellets seems to make sense for most of you.

Going forward, we should have this in stock by next Wed for $23/lbs.

Hi Northbay....yup....we're in Milpitas and is only about a block away from the Great Mall! We're looking forward to meeting you!

Robert

Back