Our mission

gf's 5 gallon reef

My gf 5 gallon mix reef tank that I set up for her, been going strong for the last 4 months. 5 gallon rimless glass aquarium painted black with 70w jbj viper lights, aquaclear 50 with modded fuge with a 25 watt light. For the top off I got a tunze osmolator. In the aquaclear I got a 50 watt heater, chemi pure and filter pad and chaeto. Tests weekly for alk, ca, magnesium and nitrate with a 30% weekly water change. She better be happy damnit! if not then we got a problem! jp..... she's right behind me.

Thanks guys, wasn't sure if it was gonna be worthy enough to show and tell. I'm trying to get my gf's family into it. Her dad saw it...liked it, so now i'm in the process of setting up a 30 gallon for him. I'll post it up when I can....and once again thanks for the nice reply's

So I can call you Tom then? Is it fair game :)

Mine's hard as well so you can call me Dave :lol:

haha sounds good, I can be Tom or Tuan....whichever cause it sounds the same anyway, and gresham will be Dave. Yea my gf just ripped me a new one the other day cause I brought home a coral for HER, and she said something funny like "your not thinking about our future". Well anyways so now i'm banned for a few weeks and I can already see my future with her telling lies about how much I really paid for corals. Oh well that's life right? can't live with corals can't live without them :party:

Haha thanks Adolfo. The tunze osmolator bracket along with the aquaclear filter sat flushed within the tanks side walls!. Fitted perfect with less than an 1/4'' to spare....

"Robert gave it to me" should be you new line with her :lol:

Dave
aka

I ocassionally feed reef chili, coral frenzy, and phyto about once every three weeks or a month. I buff the water with two part cal alk and magnesium before it goes in the tank when it comes to water changes, making sure ca, alk, and mag is at the right levels. 20-30% water change religiously every week and also change out the filter pad along with water changes. Then I test the tank and dose accordingly if needed. Kinda alot of work but I guess that's how it is if you wanna keep small tanks healthy...but atleast I don't have to top the tank off everyday, so that's a little relief

Back