Gigas Clam for sale or trade at the BAR clam meeting Sat.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by wakskat, Apr 7, 2006.

1. wakskat

wakskat Guest

Hey Guys,

I've had this gigas clam for about 9 months in my 29 gallon tank with 130 watts of PC lighting and he is just sucking up too much calcium. The clam is about 4 inches tall and about 6 inches front to back. It has doubled in size since being in my tank even with the PC lighting. This clam is origianlly from Greg65 on RC. Maybe we can start a don't break the chain with this clam as it outgrows tanks :wink: I am willing to sell it for 4o bucks or trade it for brightly colored zoos, Lps or montipora.

Let me know if you want it and i'll bring it to the meeting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I will take it for $40. Please bring it to the meeting. Thanks

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Beat me to the punch darnit :(

4. bareefers

bareefers BOD

That was quick! :D

5. wakskat

wakskat Guest

Sounds good Apon. I'll bring him with me on Saturday. If Apon decides he doesn't want him I'll remember the order of the posts.

Thanks guys,

Mark

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

<note to self> find Apon's house and syphon his gas tonight :D

7. wakskat

wakskat Guest

Haha, didn't realize this guy would be in such high demand. He does have very nice blue spots. <note to self> Maybe the ladies will like me better if I paint blue spots on myself.

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I have a feeling you'll attract ladies with blue spots unfortunatly ;)

I've wanted a gigas since my last one was given away a few years ago due to a vacation pending.

9. wakskat

wakskat Guest

Well maybe he will outgrow apon's tank and you can continue the chain gresham

10. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

So those hugeass.. I mean gigas clams are supposed to get to 3 foot across??

Arnold, I have 40 pounds of dowflake, you're gonna need it :)

11. wakskat

wakskat Guest

Hey Arnold,

You wouldn't have any small frags of montipora digitata to spare would you? All of my digitata kickedd the bucket a while ago due to a light bulb change without enough acclimation to the new bulbs. They all bleached and were taken over by algae. If not thats ok.

Thanks,

Mark

12. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Oh, that reminds me...

Arnold, you wanted green digi. I'm bringing a piece to the meeting for you!

13. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

If I have time this morning, I'll frag some digi for you Mark.

14. wakskat

wakskat Guest

Thanks Gresham, maybe we can convince arnold to give you first dibs on the clam when it outgrows his tank.

15. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'll have one soon enough :D I do have access to them, but getting one that's been in a hobbyists tank is preferred, if healthy :D

16. wakskat

wakskat Guest

I agree. Nothing like getting a nice frag or other tank inhabitant that has been kept happily in someone elses tank for a while. I am just glad that the clam went to a good home. It will be cool if arnold takes pics for a growth sequence because I already have pics for the last 8 months.

17. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Gee, I miss all this because I don't check emails on the weekends? If it gets to big for my 120, Gresham is next in line.

Mark the Clam looks darker under my MH. If I can just catch that stupid angel fish!!!!

18. Thales

Thales Past President

Put me on the list! :D

Arnold, hook and line!

19. wakskat

wakskat Guest

Interesting about the color. I bet that it will lighten up over time as he gets used to the higher wattage lights. I noticed that as my pc bulbs got old the dark zooanthelle in the mantle would grow and darken the color of the mantle.

20. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

:D If it outgrows your 120, my 30 would be OK, right :D