Our mission

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Reef Keeper said:
Hi Jim,

Thank you for the link and your assistance in helping me dial in my circulation system and reef system stuff.

Much appreciated.

Best,
Joel

Anytime bud..that's what a club is for. :davie: (oops , wrong club :D )

Hey Jim,

I get the reference: ;)

I'm in two motorcycle clubs, but this club has been way more satisfying, and there seems to me more sea horse power under my fingertips on this site. :star:

IMG_00382.jpg

Some goodies courtesy of the mailman.

IMG_00362.jpg

H&S 110/F2000 skimmer w/ehiem 1048 feed pump for the frag tank. This is the little brother of the H&S 250 skimmer I'm considering for the 450. I've never used a recirculating skimmer and I'm interested in seeing the skimmate production.

IMG_00291.jpg

I thought I would post a picture of my red sea max. I traded a vortech pump for it w/a fellow reefer...not bad eh ? I got it b/c I had to down size from a 75 gallon due to the remodel. It's mainly zoa's, lps, & a rbta which has split twice in a year since I've had it.

Its been awhile since my last post...been busy with the house, soccer, volleyball, cub/girl scouts, etc. I've been scouring craiglist and picked up a truvu 40 breeder and truvu 30 gallon for the qt.

I'll post some pics soon.

Here's a pic of the 40 breeder. I'm going with a deep sand bed (about half way) and the rest w/chaeto & maybe some graciella for any future tangs. Do you guys think 8" is enough to denitrify the 450 ?

photo-3.jpg

Here's a pic of the truvu 30 gal I'm going to use as a quarantine tank. I'm thinking of painting the sides black as well to better acclimate the fish...Any thoughts ?

photo-2.jpg

Gen came over and finished installing the background and overflow covers via magnets and velcro. I have a buddy in the car painting business who will paint the top and bottom of the background acrylic black. This way you won't notice the 4 vortechs as much. I also will put a led in the middle to simulate more depth. A little trick the steinhart aquarium uses in their aquariums. ')

photo-4.jpg

Mike,

I can see you with a mouthful of tank water....hmm...ph is a little low...better get the kalk out !

You must save some serious money not having to buy test kits ! LOL.

I always enjoy your witty repartee. :D

Jim

A few things I picked up from Marine Depot:

-(4) 1 1/2" heavy duty bulkheads for the overflows (I can't believe how big those things are).

-Small AccliMate (used it to pick up a magenta dottyback & sixline wrasse from a buddy and acclimation was a breeze...highly recommend it !).

-Eheim 600 pump (for the 2 phosban reactors in the frag tank sump).

-bottle of prime (always good to have around).

-pisces pro acclimator (makes having to use your mouth to start a siphon a thing of the past).

-Kold Sterile replacement cartridges (for my Kold Filter system...I'm thinking of adding a Kani-Ani system down the line).

photo-5.jpg

i like what you did with the rsm; ive been getting into smaller nanos recently. is that an orange hammer at the top center? more pics pls!

Back