Our mission

glass tank suggestions

I haven't been on the market for a tank in some time, so I need some help. I'm looking to get a 36" tank for my father. Basically, I'm just looking for a nice simple tank and I thought about picking up a 40gal breeder from petsmart, but I've really grown to like the clean look of rimless tanks. With this in mind anyone have experience with the Aquamaxx tanks? They look nice and simple, but best of all the price isn't bad.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to ideas. Thanks in advance

Can't really give any advice beyond the 40G breeder (especially if they go on sale), while yeah the traditional plastic frame look might seem a bit dated, it is less intrusive than a eurobracing

Now I'm curious is this a surprise for your father? Or something he actually has expressed interest in wanting? IMO, don't surprise someone with a puppy/kitty/anything that requires time commitment unless they have said they want it.

It's not much of a surprise. He's had a 10gal for decades, but now he has more free time and wants something a little nicer and a bit bigger. He likes my Elos tank and wanted something similar but much smaller, so I figured he liked the rimless.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the 22g aquamaxx as it's not too big and has a nice foot print. I already have a nice 36" stand ready to go as well.

Back