Reef nutrition

glow in the dark paint?

Anyone thought of using glow in the dark paint covered by a few layers of clear enamel on the inside of a canopy? I figure it's cheap enough, doesn't require electrical input and should get enough charge from light bouncing off the surface of the water. Wouldn't be the greatest moonlight ever, but better than none and doesn't cost anything to keep it going really. Thoughts?

Sounds interesting. Not sure of any long duration "blue" GITD paints.

This sight may be useful to you though
http://glowinc.com/

They have paints and info.

If you decide to paint over the GITD paint, make sure it doesn't have UV protection (it may block the "charging" of the GITD material)

Exactly my thoughts Mike. But no harm if it stops working after a while and I'm just more worried about the transition of actinics on to everything off than actual lighting during the night.

And thanks for the link Tony, I"ll check em out.

Would surprise me if you couldn't get it at home depot too, I know they have that ultra reflective paint.

I had a GID map of the night sky I put on my ceiling when I was younger, christ my neck was stiff for a week after that!

IIRC they sell it at HD/Lowes as well as online. I might check out how much it is locally because while I see it possibly being useful, $10/.5 fluid oz seems a little rich for me.

Back