High Tide Aquatics

going price for a male flame wrasse?

Hi all
I have a harem of flame wrasse.
I originally had one male and 2 female.
Now I ended up with 3 males.

Ive seen these going for over 300 at Neptune!
Ive seen online prices drop some over the last 6 months

what would be a good price to sell one of these? the largest is almost 4 inches, second about 3.5 and the smallest one- about 3 inches.

Anyone know a good price to sell one? I asked Neptune and they were only going to give about 40 bucks for the male. No way.

Thanks

stores aren't going to give you anything for trade ins. I wish I had some extra cash right now cause Id like one. Id say average is still in the $250 range

Ive seen pairs go for 180 at the store in Huntington Beach. Not sure if its supposed to be more up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unfortunately that maybe an extreme retail price. Stores cant give trade in retail prices otherwise they would make nothing. I would say on the good end would be 1/3 the cost you will get as trade in. When I was part of a LFS we gave 1/4 or less for fish since they tend to drop like flies when moving tanks.

Arvind I'll be happy to purchase one from you at better than $40.00. :) I just lost my Magma Wrasse today and a Flame is a good substitute.

Last edited:
Keep in mind stores will buy back livestock at an extreme discount, if at all. 300 sounds a bit steep IMO.

Back