Neptune Aquatics

Going to be ordering some live black worms

I'd be willing to go in. just figure it out, and let me know what the break down is. Same as EnderTurtle, I can pay pal you the funds.

Going for Mandarins? You should PM @HiFidelity . He was culturing them for a while, not sure if he still is.

Put me down for 10$ worth (what ever amount that may be lol). I can paypal you.

You got it. I have a Copperband that only eats live brine at the moment. It picks at frozen mysis but not really eating much. Thought I'd try live black worms and get it fattened up a bit.

I'll get an order going then figure out how much is $10 worth.

@Newjack same for you.

Hi folks. I was trying to culture white worms a while back but it didn't quite work out for me. Now I only culture pods & amphipods, they seem to keep my Mandarin happy :D

I'd love to hear feedback once your order comes in, I'm always curious about more variety in food

I'm going to be in Tahoe the whole of next week so I'll place the order the week after. Let you guys know when they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks. I was trying to culture white worms a while back but it didn't quite work out for me. Now I only culture pods & amphipods, they seem to keep my Mandarin happy :D

I'd love to hear feedback once your order comes in, I'm always curious about more variety in food

Can you show us your Pod and Amphipod set up? I have struggled with culturing myself.

Can you show us your Pod and Amphipod set up? I have struggled with culturing myself.

it's nothing fancy, small acrylic tank, some rubble, some chaeto, heater, air stone and no water changes haha, keeps pods in case my DT runs out I can seed again. I do still buy pods couple times a year just to replenish everything.

it's nothing fancy, small acrylic tank, some rubble, some chaeto, heater, air stone and no water changes haha, keeps pods in case my DT runs out I can seed again. I do still buy pods couple times a year just to replenish everything.
what do you use for lights?

I had been trying to raise pods with a similar set up except useing no lights. I just kept the tank in a window. it didn't work out so well.

@Franko which pods you trying to culture and for what reason?

Amphipods and tigger pods are essentially useless to a mandarin. Think about how much faster those pods swim than the fish.

Those isopods/glass copepods are more worthwhile since they crawl slowly allowing dragonets to catch them. Blackworms move slow too.

I imagine all you to culture isopods/copepods is a separate tank with sand and limited rock. Keep amphipods OUT of your culture. They are pod predators too!

I know someone who cultures tigger pods/brine shrimp using:

A bucket
Saltwater
Sunlight
Fertilizer
Phytoplankton

Sits outside with no heater. Easy! Presence of a heater might speed reproduction up. In summer it was doing well.

Update:

Worm will arrive today. I ordered 4lbs which is almost $110. So $10 will get you almost 6oz.

I will be at work in Santa Clara all day tomorrow from 10-6, you can come and pick up from me at work. We can meet earlier, I'll be coming from Almaden. Or after work.

Let me know by 8am tomorrow if you are meeting me tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back