Cali Kid Corals

Gold Dust favia

Tonight was the first of a few frag nights before the swap:-D
Pickup at the Regional Swap in Feb to allow things to heal fully.
(note: It got a bit brown on me. I had it in lower light than Ian/Sam did)

request away in any manner you see fit :p

Update: The coral is spreading on the disc and coloring up. I thought it was supposed to be brown! :p
March201048.jpg

Update: I'm seeing lots more green sneaking into the color scheme and the coral is spreading like a son-of-a-gun. Stay tuned, I may need to frag this one soon just to control the spreading. It's beginning to hit the LR now. I'll edit with a new pic ASAP :)

You bet, Jess. I've gotten to like favia a lot. I've got a Christmas favia that is spreading like crazy and very rich and vibrant in color. All my favias like to sent out 1-3" sweepers so I'm careful where I place them. I saw a pinkie favia "tickling" my candy cane recently. The candy cane doesn't seem to be affected.
Will you be at the next BAR meeting? If so, I'll saw some up this weekend so it's healed a bit before you get it.

That means one more available to complete my end of the chain for this one. Any other favia nuts out there? :)

Sam gave me a piece of this a while back (outside of DBTC) it's stayed quite brown on me, I think he told me it loves to be hit with a lot of light.

Yeah, I wasn't exactly proud of it's location in my tank, I moved things around such that the favias are all in the front of the tank it has a little more light, etc, we'll see how it works out.

Mines a brown little lump barely distinguishable from the shaded rock it has encrusted onto, perhaps I should move it into some light and see if it colors up :D.

tuberider said:
Mines a brown little lump barely distinguishable from the shaded rock it has encrusted onto, perhaps I should move it into some light and see if it colors up :D.
Mine has been in medium light and was urk-brown until just recently. I'm seeing a nice green sheen beginning to form between all the eyes. Guess I owe some pics...

I'm sawing it today and will bring two frags to next weekends meeting. One is not spoken for so.............speak up LPS guys and gals, be a part of the "I can turn brown into green" color cats....... :D

Here's the frags. Yes, they're modest, not real chunky but.....................favias will encrust pretty quickly and the eyes will emerge from the thin pool of new growth like a gator surfacing on a lake. Mine encrusted about 3/4" in 3 months, a pretty fast grower. Medium/high light is my suggestion to get the green to show up between the golden eyes. When colored up, it's a very unique and interesting coral.

#1 To Jess
#2 To ???????????
P1000279.jpg

Back