Gomer's LED array

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Gomer, Dec 30, 2009.

1. supernip

supernip Guest

er those are in F

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

technically you should use the emitter surface.

I'm not too worried though :) Worse case, is I shorten the LED lifespan. At 7hrs a day, then theoretical limit puts me at 20years. Cut me to 5 years and I'm more than happy. Given the technology advances, in about 3 years, I'll want to swap the LEDs lol.

3. supernip

supernip Guest

that's true. I just wasted a night's worth of sleep monitoring this T_T. Hopefully output doesn't decline over time either.

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

oh, it will decline over time. At any current that will happen. Still not terribly worried :)

5. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

well, these pictures weren't taken to be flattering :p They were taken only for the purpose to show the growth of corals over 2 months time with 100% LED lighting.

[​IMG]

6. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Yeah right dude. That's the "expando grow" photoshop button you pushed. :D
    Nice!

7. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Nice!

8. Marc

Marc Guest

Hey Tony,

can you tell me where the heat sink is from? local maybe? do they cut to size?

Thanks!
    M

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

www.heatsinkusa.com

Not local. Price is decent. You buy by the inch so you can get it at whatever size you want.

10. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

I wanna come by n see tank

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

If you want to see a not so pretty tank with some decent LPS and some ugly SPS, then perhaps lol.

12. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

i wanna check out the leds... i am so close to pulling the trigger on a 100% ReefBrite setup.....

13. LeviT

LeviT Guest

How about an update Tony?

14. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Sorry Levi. Was never happy with how SPS responded to it. Sold the array to someone who was quite happy to have it. Still eyeballing the Kessils :-D

15. LeviT

LeviT Guest

:) thanks. Those are really cool looking fixtures.