High Tide Aquatics

Got half of him!

goldielocke76

Supporting Member
Went to Aquatic Collection yesterday and saw two bristle worm traps by Coral life and Denzil and I grabbed them. None of my home remedies seemed to be working very well, so I figured why the hell not. Besides, I felt that it wasn't as invasive as some of the stuff that I had been using; the fish hardly noticed it.

Looked in the tank this morning, and I saw the sucker! Unfortunately, what we saw was not very much.....

266668_2716707013448_1368255520_o_zpse208ea6c.jpg

Here's part of the bastard. Any one know if the other part of him still in the tank will regen? Also, anyone have an ID? This guy btw, is as about as wide as the base of my ring finger. I'm going to have to make the ends of the trap bigger- he was really stuck! Also, this picture was taken about 15 minutes after he was pulled out, so he isn't as bright as he was, but he was a pretty bright pink/red. Some of his color spilt out on the paper towel LoL, and he started to turn gray. It was really gross, but damn, justice is halfway served LOL.

Oh don't worry, I'll get it. I just have to make the ends of the trap bigger. I didn't realize he was so big until we got him. He was literally stuck in the end of the trap, not able to move backwards or forwards, into the trap more. It may be a while before I get him again, but, I'm hoping he runs and hides for a while, maybe that's too much to as for though LoL.

Traps work better than expected. I didn't expect to get him after the first night. He does look "fish eating fat" though :(

I doubt he will hide. They are scavenging machines! They just can't help it. Maybe he needs time to heal up, but I et he falls for it again right away.

Coral reefer said:
I doubt he will hide. They are scavenging machines! They just can't help it. Maybe he needs time to heal up, but I et he falls for it again right away.

I think it's taking some time off to heal up. Trap went untouched last night. No worries, he'll have a slight reprieve then it's game on. He got punctured from one of the sharp edges on the trap after I cut the ends to make it bigger. This is now fixed and both ends made a tiny bit bigger, and I used a nail file to smooth out the edges. I can't help but think if he hadn't got caught, I may have had him the other night. Sigh, oh well. At least now I know he's hiding and healing, and not crawling around the rocks, pokin' my fishes' eyes out. Or so I hope, LoL.

Back