Neptune Aquatics

Green Branching Psammocora

I had some (and orange) when I lived in sac. It's an LPS, it grew really well for me in medium/low light and medium flow.

Psammys are SPS... I’ve had this one at the top of a rock tower 4-5” below the surface. Sitting under LEDs and getting blasted with return pump flow. Never achieved quick growth status for me, but ultra hardy crazy bright.

Psammys are SPS... I’ve had this one at the top of a rock tower 4-5” below the surface. Sitting under LEDs and getting blasted with return pump flow. Never achieved quick growth status for me, but ultra hardy crazy bright.
You're right, I was thinking of hydnophora.

Mine was at the same light and flow as my German blue digi.

I have this ORA Kelly Green Psammo and it grows like a weed at 100-150par, medium to high flow. I took micro bits and glued them on a floating rock I made. That rock is almost completely covered. My only gripe is that it encrusts more than grow out. I will post a pic next week when I do a water change. I received an orange version from @Coral reefer and will try to mount a small piece of it next to the green and see how it goes.

If anyone wants a frag, request it here for DBTC. I will also bring some for the swap.

I’ve seen the same as garvin. Encrusts readily, at a reasonable pace, but braching growth is super slow for me. I think more light than I’ve given it will promote branching growth. That seems to be the case for the orange one too.

Here's what mine looks like after making 5 chunky frags. I glued down 2 small pieces of the Orange Branching Psammocora and kept a small frag of it in my frag tank. I hope they get along nicely.
GOPR0630.JPG

Back