Kessil

Green milli w/ copper highlights

I'll have three frags available at the meeting. This is a nice milli that has green polyps, and a tan body with copper colors on the tips of the coralites, a good looking hardy sps.

DBTC rules apply

It falls somewhere between Monti cap and Acro palmata on the difficulty level (j/k).

Yeah it's easy.

It is a nice one Norm, getting the copper out of it is a little tricky, but with green polyps it always has color.

I got this piece from Chris (Skylar on RC), in his tank it was dark green with intense copper highlights. I suspect mine is getting a little too much light to get the rich color. It's definitely a weed in my tank.

If no one else is up for it, I would be willing to give it a try. But I will totally leave it up to you. I have been minimally successful with sps, but hopefully my water is better cause I'm using RODI and have more flow now. If it has to go to someone who has a successful record with sps, I'm probably not the person. Got one digi, I think that's what it is, at the swap that's looking fine. I will understand if the frags go to others though. Thanks, Steve

Well since I'm already getting 2 other DBTC's at the meeting and I have been wanting to try my hand at milli or acro under my T5's I'll take a frag if one is still available.

Cool, to my knowledge none of you have gotten frags from me. Patchin, Levi, youse guys seem a little sheepish about the frags, don't worry as AFA millis go this one is tough. If you don't feel good about it LMK, the coral will always be in DBTC, it is hard for me to visualize your tanks setup/H2O quality.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=2431.msg24872#msg24872 date=1190650255]
Bring it on! ... sorry I couldn't help it :) See you on the 13th?
[/quote]Yep, it will be stupid Pumpkin Festival here, and I need to get outta Dodge.

Just wanted to say thanks! The frag is in my tank and looking good (after it slimed a little :) I'll put a pic up in couple days after it's adjusted.

Green milli w/copper highlights from Jeremy to Steve Patchin
Thanks Jeremy. Had to work after the meeting so Theresa took care of it for the first time. Looks like she did a good job!

Just a little update. Right after getting it, Theresa mounted the frag to a rock and placed it in our nano(q tank). It's doing well. Not real colorful, but polyps are always extended. Looks more tannish. It's only under pc lighting and minimum flow. After reading that it needs good flow, I might move it to our mighty 40 g. Although it's doing OK now, so I'll have to mull that one over. Thanks again Jeremy.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2431.msg26208#msg26208 date=1193718358]
Just a little update. Right after getting it, Theresa mounted the frag to a rock and placed it in our nano(q tank). It's doing well. Not real colorful, but polyps are always extended. Looks more tannish. It's only under pc lighting and minimum flow. After reading that it needs good flow, I might move it to our mighty 40 g. Although it's doing OK now, so I'll have to mull that one over. Thanks again Jeremy.
[/quote]Yeah, it needs to be blasted with light and flow in order to get color on the body. It'll still have green polyps as it grows under low light, just not as bright overall.

Thanks again Jeremy, I picked up my frags from Arnold over the weekend.

This is one Bad A** millie. This frag had it's polyps out even after re-dipping (I'm sure Arnold dipped before putting into his tank). It's sitting under 250w 12K Reeflux right now halfway up.

Back