got ethical husbandry?

Griz's 120 upgrade

Well, the 75 has been running strong since may and my wife had a nice little collection of stuff in her tank. Found a deal we couldn't pass up so we moved most of her livestock into my tank and sold her setup. The 75 is Jam packed full of critters and coral with live rock overflowing out of the tank and sump.

Brought this beastie home tonight
yjy9y7y9.jpg

4'x2'x2' Oceanic 120. It makes my small apartment seem tiny.

I have to get a new bulk head before I can move forward but I'm hoping to have the transfer done soon. I have lights, sump, skimmer and circ pumps. My return is sufficient for now but I want to get a dc6000 soon.

Once it has water I'm going to start the rock work and put pvc discs as contact points between rock and glass. Once the rock is done I will be adding sand (either new sand or rinsed sand from the 75). My deep sand bed hot stirred up by the engineer goby and water flow changes so I had a nutrient spike that makes me nervous about doing it again but I have no doubt that sand bed is what has kept my Nitrates at 0 this whole time. Considered bare bottom, wife said no. Looked into starboard, not worth it. Shallow sand bed seemed like a winner but I think I am going to do a dsb again.

Still brainstorming Aquascape.... In tank flow will probably be a wp25 and wp40 and the 4 loclines from the return.

I run the waveline 10000 on my 120. May wanna get the bigger one while your at it. Enjoy the upgrade!
I'll look into that. Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't expecting to deal with 4 return outlets, my 75 just had one. I have a mag 18 I've been trying to sell (got it as partial trade for the 29 gal system I sold) that would probably work but I prefer a DC pump.

I've been freaking out all day. I keep hearing a cracking sound. I spent an hour checking every single inch of glass I can see. Just saw one of the Snails fall from the top of the glass and hit the bottom. Made exactly the sound I've heard all day.

Thanks. It's coming along. First barebottom tank so I'm a bit nervous and testing levels constantly. My Ph tester crapped out on me :/

Time to get a controller.

Back