Group buy at saltwaterfish.com (free shipping)

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Jeremy Chew, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Jeremy Chew

Jeremy Chew Supporting Member

Anyone interested in a group buy at saltwaterfish.com for free shipping today (7/14)? I've purchased from saltwaterfish.com a few times before and they have a guarantee live policy of 15 days. Their free shipping is usually $149, but they've dropped free shipping to $79. Personally, I plan to spend $40. Naso tang and flame angel for $9.99 for orders over $179.

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Buy those fish local please. Why not?

Bruce Spiegelman likes this.
  3. Jeremy Chew

We purchased a horned cowfish from California Reef in Newark that succumbed to ich, but as far as I know, there's no guarantee. Saltwaterfish.com's fish also had ich and some fish perished, but there's a guarantee or credit issued. I've also purchased coral from Neptune Aquatics, but they don't have a guarantee policy either. My wife likes the horned cowfish and we're going to try again. Saltwaterfish.com has the smaller ones in stock. When we purchased from California Reef, the cowfish we acquired was the only one they had. I'm open to suggestions, but the guarantee mitigates some risk.

4. Jeremy Chew

Support from Bay Area LFS to BAR drew our attention and awareness to the LFS' existence and the relationship's a positive one. It shouldn't be implied that we won't acquire livestock from our LFS. In spite of the cowfish perishing, my wife purchased a Cat's Eye coral in April from California Reef, but the knowledgeable salesperson assured her the coral was hardy so she felt confident proceeding with the purchase without a guarantee.

5. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

For me personally I like to see the fish in person. I don't mind frags from online but fish I like to see

6. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

Well if I was going to spend 400 on a fish I want some guarantees like live aquaria offers.

7. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I can't argue with that. If i spent $400 and it died the next day I wouldn't be happy