got ethical husbandry?

[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

Table updated :)

Some of y'all are out of the contest becuz you went 60 days without posting a picture.

Keep posting though, we want to see your growth! Show that chalice who's boss!

Last edited:
Here's my may pic. I think he's finally getting settled in and started to grow.
image.jpeg

My May submission, I made sure not to forget this time. Was walking around work thinking to myself "must take pic tonight, must take pic tonight" over & over lol

Well it looks like I have a 3rd Polyp yayyyyyyyyy

DSCF1131.jpg

but wait....

I moved it slightly for a better photo and when I was putting it back I noticed color in the back so I looked and oh wow, a 4th polyp all by itself in the back :D

DSCF1137.jpg

As I placed it back after the 2 previous photos I noticed that one mouth was threatening me with its guts, figured you guys would enjoy the shot so here's an extra pic showing off some "guts"

DSCF1134.jpg

My May submission, I made sure not to forget this time. Was walking around work thinking to myself "must take pic tonight, must take pic tonight" over & over lol

Well it looks like I have a 3rd Polyp yayyyyyyyyy

DSCF1131.jpg

but wait....

I moved it slightly for a better photo and when I was putting it back I noticed color in the back so I looked and oh wow, a 4th polyp all by itself in the back :D

DSCF1137.jpg

As I placed it back after the 2 previous photos I noticed that one mouth was threatening me with its guts, figured you guys would enjoy the shot so here's an extra pic showing off some "guts"

DSCF1134.jpg
Is it normal for them to do that?

Not sure of this particular coral but many corals engage in chemical warfare by casting their guts which would sting attacking or adjacent coral. I knew it was normal when after 5 minutes of it being left alone the "guts" retracted and polyp looked normal again.

Here's my June.

image.jpeg

Still no new heads but it's really grown in mass. I like its coloring too. I'm getting more blue in it instead of just the orange.

Back