Jestersix

GSM Clown losing Stripes?

The females stripes have been receding up here back.
Is this normal? I have had her for 2.5yrs ,dont know her orgin though. She is paired with a ORA GSM that has full stripes.
She is healthy and pissy as ever.Will she lose her stripes completely?
I thought I saw on RC that wild caught will do this ,but cant find that post to verify.
Sorry no pic tonight tank is in my sons room will post some tomorrow.
Any ideas. Thanks

Brian

Has it ever changed any patterns like that before? Because I know sometimes clown fish of certain species do get darker like my male Picasso. Maybe it is just changing colors because of aging. Please try to put up a photo. :)

IMO a stripless GSM would be a beautiful, wanted fish.
This may relate to SI Percs loosing their black when being hosted, which is happening to my SI Percs right now since I added frogspawn a few weeks ago. Is she hosted by any anemones or corals that are in the tank? I don't know if that would be related since yours is Premnas and mine is Amphiprion.

No it's not common. They grow into their stripes, not out out of them.

All GSM and normal maroon broodstock I have ever seen has had full bars.

Sorry no pictures again got home late kid was asleep :(
She has run of 5 RBTA's. She did darken up a little , but still maroon.
The stripes look like three fangs sticking down her sides, bright not faded at all.
Thread on RC if I'm not completely retarded even stated collection location
could be determined by the recession pattern?? To the island??
It is a beautiful fish all the same ,
Im only really asking cause i havent found any info on it at all.
I excited to have such a special fish :)

OK, got some pictures.Terrible, but you can see.
Another behavior she has is she bites off the tips of the RBTA tentacles every so often?
She's an odd one.
DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

Check this beauty out!!!
http://reefbuilders.com/2010/03/30/lightning-maroon-clownfish-from-blue-zoo-aquatics-will-be-entrusted-to-an-accomplished-fishbreeder/

bmhair03 said:
OK, got some pictures.Terrible, but you can see.
Another behavior she has is she bites off the tips of the RBTA tentacles every so often?
She's an odd one.
DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

I like it better without stripes than with, but that is just my personal opinion. I've seen many maroon clownfish in many LFS biting the tentacles of RBTA, so I would say that is normal. Pretty neat fish though. You could call it a naked maroon. :)

Back