Reef nutrition

Hair algae battle

What are your water sources? I would check that you're using RO water with a reef saltwater mix (not a fish only mix) or buying saltwater and do a 100% water change to get your Mg and Ca back to a good level. When you do the water change remove as much nuisance algae as possible. Only use RO for top up water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluval salt usually keeps Ca around 370. Tried Seachem Reef and Coralife but couldn't get Ca above 330.

The RO water I buy usually measures .04-.08 PO4 before and after mixing.

Just gonna try not feeding for the next 1-2 months.

Fluval salt usually keeps Ca around 370. Tried Seachem Reef and Coralife but couldn't get Ca above 330.

The RO water I buy usually measures .04-.08 PO4 before and after mixing.

Just gonna try not feeding for the next 1-2 months.

That is not a great starting point for phosphate. Very likely your main contributor of GHA. It's usually recommended to maintain a phosphate level at 0.03 or lower. I'd recommend finding a better source of RO/DI water.

Find better water. Make your own or just buy salt mix from either of the stores randy mentioned. Where in the east bay do you live? Fluval salt is one I don't have experience w but that ca level seems low. What alk does it mix up at?

So, the aquatic collection water measured .08 for PO4. Same as my regular source.

IMAG0816_crop_736x839.jpg

Don't remember. It's the red sea algae control pro. The kit should be good. I tested some glacier water a few weeks ago and it was in the 1.x range.

I meant 0.1 range. Could be the rocks but I doubt it. Could be residual from the Restor I was dosing. Just tired of thinking about it. I've decided to stop caring and just see if coralline keeps progressing.

Yeah, I get water from the machines outside the grocery store. I know it's not what you want to hear but I don't have any reason to trust LFS water more than others. I typically buy Watermill Express. I started my tank with Primo from Wal-Mart. I think I'll get a gallon tomorrow and test it.

Back