Reef nutrition

Hanging bracket for a PFO

Some stuff that need to be finished so went ahead ant took it a few steps forward.
It´s an unfinished stand for a BC29 is taller than the regular oceanic ones; no door yet, my tools are at a job site so have to wait a little
The bracket is 1/2" conduit spray painted black bent two 90 angles and held by eye hooks with self drilling screws.
I used two part cold welding stuff to keep it together and zip tied the power cord to the conduit for a cleaner look (still have to cut the remaining zip tie) Ballast a CoralVu 250 dimmable.

Picture193-1.jpg

Picture194.jpg

They are held on the piece of ply seen under the stand with conduit clamps, I should take a picture of it more detailed.
Lyn were you looking at some point into making one?
I could help you make one; I'm having the thought next meeting have people bring their conduit and we could bend them; I have 1/2" and 3/4" benders.

P1010691.jpg

Yes, I am looking for a way to hang some lights over a couple 75 gallons. I saw Iani's black "poles", and thought that might be the solution to my problem.

Where do you get the conduit? What diameter is it? is it pre-painted, or did you paint it yourself?

The conduit is regular electric steel conduit you can buy for really cheap at HD/Lowes; 3/4" for the longer fixture and I used 1/2" for the PFO reflector. It comes unpainted, just sprayed it black and that's it but an epoxy primer after little sanding or using a wire brush with a drill makes the paint stick better.

Xcaret, You might want to use a bold and nut instead of a self screw to hold up the pendant, Just to be sure it will not come loose. I've seen some where its accident bumped too many times it gets loose then next thing you know it gets detach.. Something you might want to keep in mind. but its a clean setup

I have that in mind and also to get a welding machine, a small one.
I drilled a pilot hole, then used the self drilling screw and it's pretty firm.
I just happen to have the PFO sitting doing nothing and thought of this bracket.
The stand is for a Biocube 29.
I kind of wanted to use a tap and thread the conduit but is really thin.
I looked at 1/2" round Aluminum and square tubing but I'm just playing
and that stuff is expensive.
I'll try the screw/nut once I figure out what/where it will go; maybe back to
collect dust.

tuandang79 said:
Xcaret, You might want to use a bold and nut instead of a self screw to hold up the pendant, Just to be sure it will not come loose. I've seen some where its accident bumped too many times it gets loose then next thing you know it gets detach.. Something you might want to keep in mind. but its a clean setup

Back