got ethical husbandry?

Has anyone seen the Reef Brite Pro MH Pendants w/LED lights?

I know that Gresham said he saw the Reef Brite Pro MH Pendants and they looked pretty sharp. However, since I'm thinking of going with an open top and 2 Reef Brite Pro MH Pendants hanging from the ceiling, I do need some actinic lighting and these pendants come with the option of adding smaller LED strips.

So my question is: Will the 2 LED strips (per mH) be enough actinic lighting to supplment during the off hours of my MH's?

So two of the pendants over what size tank? If your worried about the actinics being enough, they'll be plenty after the MH are off. I can't say if they'll be enough when the MH are on though.

It would be a 4 foot, 100 gallon tank. Hmmm, so what would you do to compensate for the lack of actinic while MH's are on?

I read somewhere that the strips produce more PAR than a 24'' T5. Ive been looking for these myself and can only find it @ aquarium specialty. I e-mailed them last night and they said it would take 2 weeks to order.

FWIW i plan on using the LED strips for a "sun up sun down" effect since im planning on going with radiums this time around.

sfsuphysics said:
rgonzalez said:
It would be a 4 foot, 100 gallon tank. Hmmm, so what would you do to compensate for the lack of actinic while MH's are on?

Don't go with a yellow bulb? *shrug*

Saw this awhile back.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/06/17/grassy-glow-25000-k-metal-halide-bulb-from-volx-japan-hits-the-mark-for-blue-light-addicts/

Back