Cali Kid Corals

Has anyone tried the new frag mounting glue that BRS sells?

I got some email flier with an introduction to this stuff. Looks interesting, like some glue balls that you dissolve with hot water, then you can mold it (like epoxy putty) and reuse unused portions. I'm guessing it is similar to some sort of was that becomes maleable when heated and dissolved in hot water?

It looks good, wondering if anyone has tried it.

V

You can find it cheaper on Amazon. It's called insta morph moldable plastic. Get 2x as much for same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how sticky the BRS stuff gets but insta morph does not get sticky. It may not be the same thing.

We got some at MACNA. It is a plastic it will not hold softys. It works great for mounting plugs to aquascape. It works the same as the 2 part putty. Except no discolored fingers from mixing and if you get to much out it is reusable.

I have been using it and it is fantastic. It is reuseable as well...unlike two part epoxy. What I do with plugs is put a little bit of super glue to the bottom of the plug and then place the soft plastic putty on the frag. I have also used it to mount big colonies directly to rocks... works much better than epoxy. It also sets better. I have managed to reuse it as well by scraping it off and reheating it. Overall...a big fan.

Back