Have a BUNCH of frags to sell? Maybe a Frag Flea market?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Sep 28, 2007.

1. nash

nash Guest

Sound like a lot of Fun :D Where is it going to be at?

2. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

sounds intresting....

you know what they say about supposidly small parties right... THEY ALWAYS TURN BIG... its happend to me sooooo many times.. plan was a handfull of friends.. always turns to a big animal house party... ;D

3. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=delsol650 link=topic=2454.msg25536#msg25536 date=1191823621]
    sounds intresting....

you know what they say about supposidly small parties right... THEY ALWAYS TURN BIG... its happend to me sooooo many times.. plan was a handfull of friends.. always turns to a big animal house party... ;D
    [/quote]

The more the merrier! Just hope the location can hold them all.

4. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

[quote author=delsol650 link=topic=2454.msg25536#msg25536 date=1191823621]
    sounds intresting....

[/quote]

grrrr.....reminds me of the time one of my residents asked me if they could have a "small get together" on the roof of the building. The event turned out to be fifty people and a freakin disco ball. The neighbors called in the police. <sigh>

5. 650-IS350

people LMK, I wanna go.... even just to chill and meet everyone...

6. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Sure,

I'll bring the disco ball. Who is bringing the keg? ;-)

C

7. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

As long as there's no Donna Summer :D

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

or Village People....

:D

9. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Y M C A - c'mon let's sing it together......

10. 650-IS350

might as well do a campfire, huddle around and sing COOMBAYA :D

11. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

So here's the preliminary ideas:

11am - Meetup and get setup: tables, barbeque pit, chairs
    12pm - Norman and others start cooking ;)
    2pm - We'll rent something like Blue Planet and put that on a Television

The entire time, anybody can come and pickup frags, equipment, or just hang out. Those coming to eat should bring food, or just pitch in for what we've bought. We'll need to get the food / money thing organized first. If everyone brings a plate, there will be too much, so we'll just have some people pickup food, and others pitch in for the cost.

It's going to be very informal, everyone just sort of hang out and such. I'm thinking we can do mini workshops, such as photography tips, how to setup a Ca Reactor, and such. Here are some of the things we can do:

1. Photography - bring your cameras and all your gear to help others by showing what you can do with your equipment, or bring yours and hopefully someone can help you take better pictures. Maybe we can setup a clam tank of some sort and put a frag in there to try macro shots and white balancing techniques.

2. Calcium Reactor - I for one have very little clue on how to set mine up, perhaps those who are interested can bring theirs in, and people can help explain and put it together. A few things: Bring all the necessary equipment for the Ca Reactor, have the Co2 tank filled, and media. I have all of the stuff, but I can't really understand where everything goes, so hopefully the guru's can explain it and show you kind of hands on.

3. Fragging - I know we had a frag workshop, but maybe we can do something a little informal and just cut a few pieces to let some people understand how to do it.

The above topics will be mostly for a few people who need help, and a few people who are willing to help them out, 1 on 1, or in groups or whatever. Very informal, just clear a table and move the steak over and make things happen =)

This would be a great time to chat and hangout with other members, without an itinerary like a speaker, frags to grab at a swap, and another location for a tank tour.

12. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Right on Art! Awesome idea.

Eat, socialize, talk, sell some odds and ends - rinse and repeat :D

13. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Heheh... the fastest real bbq would have to start at 6am to be ready for lunch.

I'll be at your house at 5am with my bullet smoker and lump charcoal :D

14. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2454.msg25609#msg25609 date=1191994109]
    Heheh... the fastest real bbq would have to start at 6am to be ready for lunch.

I'll be at your house at 5am with my bullet smoker and lump charcoal :D
    [/quote]

lol omg hardcore!

The thing is, my house won't be ready until April-May 2008. I was going to move in, but it's currently being rented out to tenants, and they just had a baby a month or two ago, so I couldn't just say "move out!" So I gave them until April spring to find a new place after the baby stuff is all stabilized.

I'll have to poll and see where else we could have it.

15. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Haha... hardcore is when I *had* to figure out how to make prosciutto :D

I cured a pork leg, then cold smoked it for 24 hours. I slept next to the smoker and set an alarm for every 30 minutes so I could wake up and check on the temperature. Yah, it was kind of a funky smoker setup :D

16. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I must admit I'm liking the sound of this. I'd love to have a fragging and CA reaactor workshop, I've read my heart out but don't have a lot of hands on so I'd enjoy it. I wouldn't mind helping with food prep either. It all comes down to when are thinking about having this?

17. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

Thats hardcore Norm, the longest i've ever gone is 12 hrs smoking some Texas briskets. So do you still have some of that prosciutto? This sounds like fun.

18. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Heya Jeff... it's the bbq forum :D

The prosciutto was quite a while back, and it's long gone :(

I'll do briskets for 12-18 hours.

Ribs are the easiest. I start a load of briquets mixed with lump and I pretty much don't need to fuss with the smoker while the ribs cook. They're about done at 5 1/2 hours, then I finish them off with a glaze.

If people want help fragging corals, I'll bring a dremel and a wetsaw. After we frag the food, we can frag corals :D

19. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

OK my vote go to MR ugly and Jeff to tend the BBQ ... but you two have to stay away from the wet saw but instead please use a wet mop :D

20. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

Haha Tom, i never complain about bbq. As long as i got a beer in my hand!!

Norm, where do you get your meat? You and me got the same taste. whats your base temp when smokin, do you mop or not?
    babybacks or spares?