Have a BUNCH of frags to sell? Maybe a Frag Flea market?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Speaking of bbq I have yet the guts to try spares ala country style.

I like to get my babybacks at costco - the fresh ones not the pre-packaged shrink wrapped ones.

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I like Loin ribs from Pape's/Piazza's ~250-275 degrees dry rubbed in foil for 3 hrs. unwrap throw on 350-375 indirect smoky fire w/ wet mop till desired glaze is achieved.

3. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

Ooooh Papes.. You must be from Pacifica :) !!!

I did slow boiled corned beef from Roberts in San Francisco last weekend.. 70 lbs of corned beef for 8 hours....

Very rarely do I do a full bbq ribs.. I normally just do a quick smoke and grill session.. 45 minutes of smoke, sauce and wrap with foil then finish off unwrapped with the heat a little more wide open to get a nice glaze on the ribs...

I'm down for bbq and fragging or just hanging out and eating :)

Smoked Chicken with a nice paprika dry rub MMMMM....

You should see the smoke ring on this puppy :)

[​IMG]

4. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Ok Jeff,

Here's all my secret bbq info :D

I use a Weber Smokey Mountain for slow cooked bbq. I replaced the water pan with a deeper Brinkman water pan that I pack full of sand for temperature ballast.

I use mostly Kingsford with maybe 10% lump mixed in for a clean smoke flavor. I don't like wood chunks, damp wood, or anything like that because it makes the bbq taste like wet cigarettes :D (When I was still using my offset, I'd burn down logs and use the coals in the firebox.)

I light up a big handful of briquettes and set them down on top of the rest of the coals. I close up the smoker, leaving the top vent full open, and one of the bottom vents full closed. I let the smoker sit and come up to temp. When I see around 180, I close the remaining bottom vents halfway. That slows down the temp rise and gets it to stabilize around 240 or so.

At that point I'll load up the racks, I modded my smoker to fit extra racks, and sometimes I'll stack racks with spacers as well.

I pretty much leave it alone for 5 or so hours when doing ribs. No need to mop or anything. Opening the smoker a lot throws off the temperature stability. If for some reason the temp starts to spike towards the end, I'll close down one more bottom vent and leave just one halfway open.

Ribs I get from anywhere as long as they look good. So it could be Safeway, Smart&Final, or whatever. I trim the flap and the breastbone and a few of the end ribs. I peel the membrane too. Those would be regular ribs, not babyback. I'll use babybacks for grilling though.

I get brisket from Smart&Final. Latin/Asian market would be a better choice, but S&F is convenient and cheap enough.

5. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

We need a bbqcentral.com website for you guys =) My goodness, this is some intense bbq'ing. I will have to bring my notepad and steal some secrets.

I don't even have a bbq yet... my last little webber was towed off by some kids from my backyard I think...

This sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'll try to see if we can do this bbq in my parent's backyard, it's a big enough backyard for like a maximum of 2 dozen people. Just refrain from feeding the really adorable labradoodle =)

If anyone else can volunteer a backyard / yard, please let me know!

6. TimTen

TimTen Guest

This event sounds great. If you want to have it soon, my condo complex has a small activity room that could hold about 15 people, with a few tables set up. Also there is a fridge and 2 small webers. Norm I walk the dog at around 6 am so I could let you start about then, lol.

7. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Art, Tim,

Y'know, I've never bbq'd dog before...

:D

8. jkreefer

jkreefer Guest

I heard it tastes like chicken....

9. TimTen

TimTen Guest

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2454.msg25660#msg25660 date=1192084792]
    Art, Tim,

Y'know, I've never bbq'd dog before...

:D
    [/quote]

Lol, that would free up a lot of time for tank stuff.

10. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=jkreefer link=topic=2454.msg25663#msg25663 date=1192099977]
    [/quote]
    Much better than chicken man :D

11. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

omg none of that dog stuff =P

12. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

They don't call them chows for nothing :D

13. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

I read that the black chows taste like lamb... another cute furry animal that's tasty when grilled :D

14. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

[quote author=jkreefer link=topic=2454.msg25663#msg25663 date=1192099977]
    [/quote]

No it taste more lite a pet :D :D

Norman I've also heard that :D

Phong you need a tank baddddddd stop salivating at your neighbors' pet :D

15. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I don't think Gresham and I are going to be bringing our "hot dogs" anytime soon...

16. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

i'm working on some logistics... stay tuned

17. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

18. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I tried contacting TimTen, but I believe he may be out of town. Did he mention he was going on a vacation somewhere?

I may take up another location, I'll post an update tonight =)

19. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I would let you use my club room, but there is no BBQ charcoal there allowed, only gas. sorry

20. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest