Have a BUNCH of frags to sell? Maybe a Frag Flea market?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Sep 28, 2007.

1. iani

iani Guest

Nice, sounds like fun.

2. TimTen

TimTen Guest

I wish i went somewhere, lol, Work has me all over the place. I'm working weekends probly for the next month. I sent Art a PM to try and see if we can set it up. If it comes down to it, I can give Art the keys and catch the end of it.

3. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Thanks for the update Tim. I have a few locations lined up now, we'll try to see which ones work the best.

4. johara

johara Guest

My house in Alameda is an option - close to Norm's.

5. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2454.msg25169#msg25169 date=1190962886]
    I was just thinking, I have a TON of frags I need to sell, (plenty left for BAR frag swaps however =) but it's hard to just have like a day where you ask people to come over and pickup.

Maybe we should put together a very informal kind of flea market, where one day we just get together, heat up the bbq, and hang out together, but at the same time bring all our frags for sale for people to buy.

We would basically post what we had, find the buyers, and bring them for them. And we just make it a nice hangout bbq!

I know I have like a few dozen frags or more to get rid of in a few weeks.

What do you guys think?
    [/quote]

Ok I have not read all of this thread, but IMO this is a BAD idea. The whole point of the club is self propogation ... not selling corals. Just my 2cents ..

6. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=capescuba link=topic=2454.msg26146#msg26146 date=1193512430]
    [quote author=kinetic link=topic=2454.msg25169#msg25169 date=1190962886]
    I was just thinking, I have a TON of frags I need to sell, (plenty left for BAR frag swaps however =) but it's hard to just have like a day where you ask people to come over and pickup.

Maybe we should put together a very informal kind of flea market, where one day we just get together, heat up the bbq, and hang out together, but at the same time bring all our frags for sale for people to buy.

We would basically post what we had, find the buyers, and bring them for them. And we just make it a nice hangout bbq!

I know I have like a few dozen frags or more to get rid of in a few weeks.

What do you guys think?
    [/quote]

Ok I have not read all of this thread, but IMO this is a BAD idea. The whole point of the club is self propogation ... not selling corals. Just my 2cents ..
    [/quote]

Well, it's more of a get together, and it's not a BAR sanctioned event. I'm actually just going for Norm's bbq ;) I may have some frags to trade and sell to some others (mostly cuz I have no more room), but that's not the main point, at least not anymore =)

7. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

An informal swap/get together is much more in keeping with what BAR is all about - good idea!

8. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

To make things easier, I started a new thread with the updated information. We have a date, time, and location! Please sign up on this thread to come:

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=2544.0