Kessil

Hawaii 2011

kinetic

Supporting Member
As you know, I've been doing a little traveling lately. Some is work related, some is just for the weather. Last week was a little bit of both. Went out to my friend's place and worked out of her lanai, which is 16 floors up overlooking Honolulu and the ocean. In the afternoons I would head out with my camera. November will be packed with traveling, I don't think I'll be back for more than a couple days a week. December will be the only month I'll be at home for more than 5 days. I'm seriously considering getting rid of my tank. I'm just never home. I'm impressed it's automation has held up so well (auto feeding, auto water changes, etc).

Anyway, here are the pictures:

First day we went over to Sandy Beach Park

I found a rock that everyone was jumping from into the ocean. I was able to wade out far enough to get a cool angle of the shots. These are pretty fun to look at. Enjoy!

On the way home, wandered around and found a few abandoned buildings. Found a few entrances to go into them and came out with some pretty neat shots. Wouldn't have expected such cool graffiti murals and cool looking buildings. These were some of my favorites from the weekend.

le="_DSC1864 by artchang, on Flickr">
6319108249_fc98b3ef09.jpg

That night I met up with a local who was also a photographer. We did a little street shooting around Waikiki. Here's my version of the Waikiki city scape + some random photos from the street.

The last full day, I didn't do any work and just headed out to the west side of the island. This area is pretty far, like 1.5 hours from downtown Honolulu, so there were no tourists and mostly just locals. This is probably the most amazing beach I've ever visited in my life.

It was pretty hot, a nice 83 degrees. There was a good breeze that kept it manageable. Spent about 4 to 5 hours hanging out here =)

as always Art, your photos ROCK!!!

6311457056_24c13d837b.jpg

I need a print of this one!!

GreshamH said:
as always Art, your photos ROCK!!!

6311457056_24c13d837b.jpg

I need a print of this one!!

Thanks Gresham! I'm going to be printing a limited set of my photos soon. Any BAR member will get a big ass discount that will probably just cover cost =) I'll let you guys know.

IF you need any printed prior to than, I just loaded up on commercial proofing paper (13" x 19") and exhibition fiber paper (17" x 22"). My Epson Stylus 3800 freaking rocks for fine prints :D (just email me, no PMs)

Very nice artwork !!!
And here I sit in a cube all day, tapping on a keyboard, looking out at the gloomy rain.
So tempting to have a mid life crisis and run off to the tropics.

Back