Reef nutrition

Height to mount lumenarc minis

Gonna switch out my 6x54W T5's and try some MH for my SPS. I recently purchased some LA mini's from a BAR member for a killer deal. What's the minimum/optimum height (water level to bottom of reflector) I can put these guys at? 5" too low?

Thats a good question. When they say mount the fixture so many inches above the water do they mean to the bulb, bottom or top of the reflector?

sfboarders said:
tuberider said:
The tops of mine are mounted @ 14"

From waterline to top of the reflector Jeremy?

BTW, drove by your backyard last Saturday. Some good ass surf!

Yes, the top of the reflector to the waterline, it does vary a bit, but IME with LAs that's a decent position.

AFA surf..... 3 days of bliss, the whole neighborhood was out having a pow wow :)

So maybe around 7" from the water level to the bottom of the reflector? My tank is 20" tall if that matters any.

@Jeremy. The dirt parking lot was full. Lotta guys out there. Looked liked the best place to be from OB to the Jetty.

@ Bryan. Are you using regular LA3's or the LA3 Mini's on your tank?

This was a long time ago when I had my 58g. I was limited to the height based on my canopy and found that I couldn't use them as the proximity to the water created the spotlight effect. they were the mini's FWIW.

Using the Mini's now.

Back