Our mission

Hello! Any other Zeo members out there?

Mark SF

Supporting Member
Whats up yay area!

My name is Mark and I live in San Francisco and so does my new 75G ZeoVit system.

Arnold bought a lamp from me the other day and encouraged me to drop in and participate in the local community. So, great to be here and look forward to meeting all of you soon.

Any of you reefers Zeoheads? Would love to have someone lend me an ear every now and then!

Tank Specs:

Keith Grandt @ Signature Aquariums in Sac, CA.
36" x 24" x 20" Euro Braced Top and Bottom
Avast Marine Auto Zeo Tumbler
Revolution S Skimmer
Pacific Sun Pandora Hyperion S Lamp

Not that my tank is anything special, but I will try to put together a "build page" at some point in the future.

-Mark

Welcome, Mark! We met a few years back and I remember dropping the BAR name since you'd fit right in. Glad to see you made it! You're in good company.

Definitely get that tank build thread together, will be sweet to see the setup and welcome!

Will do and thanks!
He's lying, the tank looks great...very high tech, he just needs to fill it up.

Thanks for the compliments. I have a long way to go before I accomplish what I've set out to do. Fortunately, from the tanks I've seen browsing bareefers I've got a great group here to help me with some inspiration!

pictures!

You got it! I'll try and get some in the next day or so (don't hold me to it ;))

Welcome, Mark! We met a few years back and I remember dropping the BAR name since you'd fit right in. Glad to see you made it! You're in good company.

Glad to be here, definitely a more positive feel than the other boards. It is amazing to see relative strangers helping others move fish tanks, so cool!

-Mark

Ok, sorry to be a such a slacker, here is an update.

Still working on fine tuning Zeo and getting my colors locked in. I just went through a red bug infestation so I am hoping that a lot of my acro color issues were due to the red bugs. One other issue is that I am taking my Zeoliths to the max, currently on 12 weeks of the same Zeolites. Most users change out Zeolites no later than the 8th week, however, I have not seen an increase in nutrients so I continue to use them. One major element that is consumed through prolonged use is iron, so when this is significantly depleted I imagine I will begin to see a rise in nutrients. I think there is a strong correlation between the iron in the Zeolites and the immense surface area of the microscopic "sieves."

Lighting:

Pac Sun Hyperion S (no white diodes, RBG)
LED's (2 x 150w Matrix) @ 100% all channels 55% intensity. Total duration 10 hours with 1 hours sunrise and 1 hour sunset ramping up/down.
T5 2x ATI Blue +, 1x KZ Fiji, 1+ ATI Actinic Duration: 5 Hours in the middle of the photoperiod.

Skimmer:
KZ Revolution S - This has been a difficult skimmer to fine tune, I imagine because it is slightly overrated from my tank (250G max rating), but I have 10 fish in my 75G so it is finally starting to become consistent as the tank continues to age. This skimmer comes highly recommended from Zeo users although the justification or "science" behind it is more anecdotal and seems more pseudo science than anything else.

Doser:

Vertex Libra Stepper:
Dosing ALK and CAL @ 20mL daily. Hopefully this begins to rise as this is not that much dosing. I use the third pump for dosing the ZeoStart3.

Current Additives:

Coral Snow x2 weekly
Pohl's Xtra x2 weekly
Amino Acid High Concentrate x2 weekly
Stylo Pocci Glow x2 weekly
Coral Vitalizer x2-3 weekly

Parameters:
ALK 7.3
Cal 380
Mag 1300
Potassium 450 (Red Sea Test kit however)
Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0

Back