Cali Kid Corals

Hello Everyone!

Hello Guys!

My name is KoKo. I was trying to setup reef tank a year and half ago but wasn't successful. I wasn't able to keep sps happy. About 3 months ago, I decided to try it again. Currently I have 55g shallow reef tank ( 30x30x15 ) with 30 gallon refugium and 30 gallon sump. I am planning to create reef tank with a lot of sps this time. I hope I won't fail like last time

Here is a quick video of my tank right now.

Looking forward to learning from you guys!

Welcome!
What type of anthias are those?
And is that a feeding jar or some sort?

I have 4 dispar and 3x Lyretail. That the feeding tube for my copperband.

Why do you think you were unsuccessful last time and what are you doing differently this time to reach your goal?

I was dosing kalkwasser without measuring my water parameter, rushed to get sps coral, and was using cheap LED and equipment. I am planning to go slow this time, planning to add sps corals after 6 months or until I get a hang of stabling my water. I am using good light fixture with 4x t5 and 1 metal hailde light. I got 2 part solution from BRS and also calcium reactor. I am planning to get carbon,GFO and bio pellet reactors to reduce my phosphate and nitrate as well. I am investing a lot more on equipment. Hopefully these investment will pay off.

Hello Guys!

My name is KoKo. I was trying to setup reef tank a year and half ago but wasn't successful. I wasn't able to keep sps happy. About 3 months ago, I decided to try it again. Currently I have 55g shallow reef tank ( 30x30x15 ) with 30 gallon refugium and 30 gallon sump. I am planning to create reef tank with a lot of sps this time. I hope I won't fail like last time

Here is a quick video of my tank right now.

Looking forward to learning from you guys!

Hi KoKo,

Welcome to the forum!
I hope this forum helps you to solve your problems :)
How is the setup going now?

Zhenya

Hi KoKo,

Welcome to the forum!
I hope this forum helps you to solve your problems :)
How is the setup going now?

Zhenya

Thanks. My tank is at beginning stage only have a few lps and sps corals. I made a lot of chances recently. I went bare bottom, sold tangs and CB.

Back