Jestersix

Help finding a kit for an all-in-one filter wall

Dear BAR,

At some point, I ran across a website/company that offered pre-made filter wall kits (like biocubes etc.) that fit into standard aquaria. Apparently I didn't bookmark the site and now can't seem to find it by searching. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The kits were simple and affordable, black, and no drilling was required. Just silicone and off you go....

Thanks,
Beignet

Thanks - that's exactly it! Any experience with these products? What light do folks like for a 20 gallon long frag tank? How about a skimmer for a tank like this?

Maybe there are some good frag tank threads someone could recommend?

Best wishes,
Beignet

yup, lookup badfishreefsystems . he makes a back wall unit and end wall unit for the 20 long tank. the back wall unit will fit other sized tanks of similar height.

fit and finish was top notch. came with a nice fitted lid and outside cover made of abs for a really finished look. but the back wall unit gives you more display area.

im very satisfied with the quality of the kid.

a word of advice, he is slow to answer emails. i remember reading on another forum that he used to post / advertise on, that this was a side job for him.

I don't have any personal experience with Badfish, but I did want to let you know that there is a thread on Nano-Reef right now where quite a few people have paid for their kits and have not gotten them a month late and have been unable to get in touch with the owner. It seems like there are a lot of customer service issues recently, so just beware. Here's the thread about that on nano-reef:
http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/331133-any-way-to-get-in-touch-with-this-guy/

No problem. I only know because I've been seeing that thread on the newsfeed on N-R for the last couple days. I just wanted to warn you guys that it may take a while to actually get your kit and customer service seems to have been not the best recently.

Another alternative is always to build the AIO kit yourself. I just did that for my new seahorse tank and it really wan't hard at all. I had everything cut at TAP plastics, so I didn't need any specialized equipment. I just had them cut all the pieces for me, including the overflow and drilling the hole for the return. For a 30 gallon tank with 4 chambers, it cost me $55 for all the acrylic, the labor, and some acrylic glue (Weld-On). Then I just glued the pieces together and siliconed the finished set-up into the tank using some aquarium safe silicone that was about $10 on BRS.

Back