got ethical husbandry?

HELP!! Power outage. Anyone one close to burlingame has a battery pump?

vivi

HELP! My house has lost power. The main circuit breaker level broke (so i couldn't turn it back on).

Does anyone who live close to Burlingame has a battery pump i could borrow for a day or two? I have a small 24g so one or two pump should be good. I could come to pick it up at anytime.

Thanks a tons~

-lynn

False alarm. thankfully, i still have power from the back of the house. Phew. Alright, time to order a battery pump.

I was gonna say you should run to home depot and buy a new breaker.
It has to be exactly right and if you don't have some electrical knowledge it could be dangerous to try and change it.

I had thought that it was the main power breaker (since it was labelled as main). In that case, doesn't PG&E has to come out to turn the power to the house off first?

In this case, it's actually not the main house breaker, but only the front portion. Phew.
Still, I don't know if i'd want to change the breaker myself. :-/

Electricians pull meters off if they need to change the main.
Then you call PG&E after you get it inspected.
I was on a job when a painter dropped a ladder on the meter and broke the glass.
PG&E came over and replaced it in less than an hour.

Sorry just saw this now. I do have one (a pump that is) if you ever need to borrow one. Also have a generator. I am as near to Burlingame as you can get :)

Thank you Bryan!

A generator seems like a good idea (in case of earthquake too!). What generator do you recommend? I noticed a lot of generator on amazon is not CA-approved. :-/

Back