Kessil

Help: Stay with Tunze or switch to Vortech?

It's a good thing Tunze removed that STUPID alarm from their pumps!!!! I got a call just a few days ago from where my tank is at. They said a loud alarm started going off early in the AM and they pulled the plug from that device. I had them clean it and soak the impeller in kim Chi vinegar.

GreshamH said:
It's a good thing Tunze removed that STUPID alarm from their pumps!!!! I got a call just a few days ago from where my tank is at. They said a loud alarm started going off early in the AM and they pulled the plug from that device. I had them clean it and soak the impeller in kim Chi vinegar.

I was in Europe and I had someone staying at my house and they wound up leaving cause they couldn't figure out how to turn it off and it was making them insane. Took them a day or two to reach me.

hate Hate HATE it.

GreshamH said:

Kim chee vinegar? Is that stronger? That stuff sounds deadly. :D

orientalexpress said:
IT never let me down :)
Uh Oh Lap is looking to get Rick Rolled

Never gonna give you up.
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry,
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

scuba71 said:
I wish I did not read Gresham's last reply... I can't get that darn song out of my head now. This sucks....

Sorry :( that sucks!!!

Eight said:
GreshamH said:

Kim chee vinegar? Is that stronger? That stuff sounds deadly. :D

Usually 30% rather then the weak sauce white @ 5% :)

orientalexpress said:
i would love to try the vortec one of these day,but i love my big coke can tunzes ,IT never let me down :)

lapsan
I have an extra.
You can try it any time.
I think it will make you want more.
My tank has not one wire in it.
I like that.

How thick is the glass on your tank Lapsan? That's the one downfall of the Vortech you really are limited to 3/4" which shouldn't be an issue with most tanks, but some have tanks that are 1" or thicker material (Bryan's back of his tank does, but his sides don't).

sfsuphysics said:
How thick is the glass on your tank Lapsan? That's the one downfall of the Vortech you really are limited to 3/4" which shouldn't be an issue with most tanks, but some have tanks that are 1" or thicker material (Bryan's back of his tank does, but his sides don't).
mine is 3/4 inches,i'm waiting for voctech to work out all the early problem they're have before i give them a try.i saw a piles of Voctech that Arnold bought from tom and he's send more then 1/2 for repair.That scare me.:)

lapsan

Tom's were gen1 and Tom had many issues with them. A ton didn't. The loudest voice is almost always those that are not happy...meaning the ones with the worst problems are the most vocal.

Back