High Tide Aquatics

Help: Stay with Tunze or switch to Vortech?

Who uses my name!

I love my vortecs. Of the 5 I got from Tom - he had multiple drivers for them Gen 1 and Gen 2. Each one he did a mod and a few he let get salt water on the board. So I sent back 3 drivers for testing, they said it wasn't worth it - So I got a deal on 3 new G2 drivers. I sold 4 vortecs off - one of the gen 1 I seold to Mike had a bad motor, so I got that replaced too. Now I am running 2 vortecs on my tank, and I have 2 more sitting ready to go on my next tank. : )

How much did you pay for new motor and upgraded driver? I think I have couple that are G1 but scares me to send them in if is going to be pricey; For what I've read Tunze=Built like a tank and so the tank like size Vortech=Cool little gadget, clean looking, no wires inside but still half coke can outside the tank with a hanging wire. On either brand pros and cons

Apon said:
Who uses my name!

I love my vortecs. Of the 5 I got from Tom - he had multiple drivers for them Gen 1 and Gen 2. Each one he did a mod and a few he let get salt water on the board. So I sent back 3 drivers for testing, they said it wasn't worth it - So I got a deal on 3 new G2 drivers. I sold 4 vortecs off - one of the gen 1 I seold to Mike had a bad motor, so I got that replaced too. Now I am running 2 vortecs on my tank, and I have 2 more sitting ready to go on my next tank. : )
Now u know why i hang around to see you test all those.:)

lapsan

xcaret said:
How much did you pay for new motor and upgraded driver?

Driver cost $100, it's basically the "upgrade" it used to be $75 but they finally upped it to $100. The new motor normally is $180, but I got it for $125. You should note the motor only needed to be replaced, you don't need the new motor to upgrade to Gen2

I got 3 drivers gen 2 for $60 each : ) He said I the old ones work but he wouldn't trust them with the corrossion so he gave me a break.

...hum so in the long run a Vortech can cost you some $$; one of my 6100 needs a little holder $6.00 and the shipping time (shipment still in customs) I'm in the middle of trading an MP40W for a 6105.
Lesson learned: care for my equipment and pamper it like a baby's b... otherwise the rash cream might leave me a bad feel in the wallet.
So the driver is the little white box right? or is it software? I read of some people having Eco Tech upgrade firmware?

Back